[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
The moment Survivor11 (Me) realises he's the MCX Gallery's equivalent of Thanos... - Page 323 - Community

The moment Survivor11 (Me) realises he's the MCX Gallery's equivalent of Thanos...

Tell your own story!
basicusername wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:56 pm
charliebucket wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:04 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:47 pm
Minecraft has over 14 000 605 different possibilities from just one seed.

-Fortnite has one map.
-If you want skins, better cash up or get lucky (NGL, bedrock is the same).
-It's the same game mode with a few variations here and there and a couple of special event modes.
-Want save the world? Cash up despite them saying it would become free in 2017, 2018, 2019... Did they say it for 2020 yet?

-Sure, Minecraft Java costs 20 to 25€ but you get free servers and each server has dozens of minigames (Hypixel, for example).
-Cosmetics in Java are free and you make them yourself.
-Minecraft gets a major update once every year.
-Want a story? Download the free adventure maps.
-Want to switch it up a bit? Download from the hundreds of free mods.

Basically: Fortnite is repetitive, Minecraft is not necessarily.
You could argue that something changes every game of Fortnite, but it's so insignificant that it really wouldn't count.
Note that Minecraft Bedrock is often counted as a separate game; there are only four official multiplayer servers but you can easily create your own for you and your friends, mods and skins have to be paid for, etc.
Basically, Java > Bedrock.
To be honest, Minecraft does get old for me.

Punch a tree
Wood pick
Stone tools
Iron tools
House
Diamond tools
Enchanting
Nether
Find Notch Apple
Kill Wither
Beacon
Stronghold
Dragon
End city

And that's it.

Honestly Minecraft is best with mods. Lots of mods.
Mods are, imo, one of the best parts about Minecraft. They expand on the game, adding new features, creatures, and such. Want to play halo in Minecraft? Download a mod! Want to build a functional spaceship? Get a mod! Want to-ect ect? Get a mod!
Yep mods are great. I've been doing a basic Aether playthrough recently. Just that mod, JEI, Optifine and a minimap mod. Been loving Sevtech pack and AOA as well.

I’ve always wanted to download a mod for Minecraft, but it always felt so.... risky.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:59 pm
Some servers are monetized and P2W lol.
Others are not.
In any case, access is free to each server once you download the game.
(Not counting private YouTuber servers)

Survivor11 wrote:

-Fortnite has one map.
-It's the same game mode with a few variations here and there and a couple of special event modes.
-Want save the world? Cash up despite them saying it would become free in 2017, 2018, 2019... Did they say it for 2020 yet?

-Sure, Minecraft Java costs 20 to 25€ but you get free servers and each server has dozens of minigames (Hypixel, for example).

You could argue that something changes every game of Fortnite, but it's so insignificant that it really wouldn't count.
Note that Minecraft Bedrock is often counted as a separate game; there are only four official multiplayer servers but you can easily create your own for you and your friends, mods and skins have to be paid for, etc.
Honestly with the “Fortnite is repetitive” logic than any online game is repetitive fortnite actually gets updated and changed more often than any game I can think of atm

I’m trying not to be a Fanboy and come at this looking at the games themselves not their community’s

TheArbiter25 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:46 am
Survivor11 wrote:

-Fortnite has one map.

Honestly with the “Fortnite is repetitive” logic than any online game is repetitive fortnite actually gets updated and changed more often than any game I can think of atm

I’m trying not to be a Fanboy and come at this looking at the games themselves not their community’s
Just because the skins change does not mean the mechanics do.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:05 am
I’ve always wanted to download a mod for Minecraft, but it always felt so.... risky.
So long as you have good antivirus and you back up your save folder it should be fine. Just gotta make sure you've got the right versions of everything. Just follow some tutorials and you should be good. I'd recommend Aether (Remastered, not Aether Highlands since that's still in-dev) as a starting mod. That's quite fun and it's really well balanced with Vanilla (Diamond gear is good for the enemies it adds, but you'll need to upgrade to the mod's own armor to really progress)

420 threads on this forum.

Nice.

Survivor11 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:52 am
420 threads on this forum.

Nice.
*Insert Seth Rogen Laugh Here*

Anyone feel like Ready Player one is super underrated?
It’s the only movie I’ve seen where the creators truly understand video games.
In every other movie/TV show (Except that crapy Alvin and the chipmunks show that parodies The addictiveness of WoW) it’s like the creators haven’t seen a video game since space invaders.

I know it’s not book accurate but it’s serious nerd eye candy to me

TheArbiter25 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:54 pm
Anyone feel like Ready Player one is super underrated?
It’s the only movie I’ve seen where the creators truly understand video games.
In every other movie/TV show (Except that crapy Alvin and the chipmunks show that parodies The addictiveness of WoW) it’s like the creators haven’t seen a video game since space invaders.

I know it’s not book accurate but it’s serious nerd eye candy to me
HALO

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”