[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Comic Con Master Chief set - Page 5 - Community

Comic Con Master Chief set

Got a question? Ask it here!
In all seriousness, what did you guys expect here?

It was an exclusive set. That means a limited number of products available, and the offer was open to a lot of regions worldwide rather than just for those who attended one select event.

Of course it was going to be popular. Of course it was going to be highly sought-after. Of course it sold quickly. Of course the people who were lurking in wait refreshing the page as the final seconds ticked by were the ones who got it.

The existence of scalpers is unfortunate, but you can't blame Mega or Mattel for it. They had a narrow window to plan and prepare to sell and distribute this online considering they'd spent who knows how many months preparing for SDCC instead.

As a community, we should be thankful this set was made available at all given everything that's going on in the world right now.

Community Team
OK, there's a lot of incorrect assumptions in this thread.

Yes, we produced about the amount that we expected to sell at SDCC. That's because we made those decision before SDCC was cancelled.

No, the sets are not produced after the fact. They've already been produced. Proof is that we sent 20 advanced copies to reviewers.

No, we can't just reopen orders and produced more. Do you know how complicated it is to manage a supply chain for a company of this size? We have a whole team of people at MEGA whose entire job it is to plan which products get manufactured when and where. I've seen their schedules and they're incomprehensible (to me). We can't just interrupt production of other items to produce more of this one. It would have a ripple effect on our entire supply chain and devastating consequences for our distribution. These things are planned months in advance.

No, we don't make a ton of profit from SDCC exclusives. They're produced in lower quantities, which means they cost more to make. And we typically invest a lot more in the packaging than we would in a normal set. So the goal of these products is not to make a ton of money. It's to make something special and different, which we wouldn't be able to do in our main line.

And finally, to answer the question of are we happy with the results, yes and no. I'm proud that we made an item that was in such high demand that it sold out in minutes. I'm sad that so many fans weren't able to get their hands on it.

In hindsight, should we have produced more? Should we have limited orders to 1 instead of 3? Should we not have promoted it on Instagram? Should we have better coordinated with 343 so the Halo Infinite gameplay didn't drop at the same time as the sale? Maybe. We'll look into the results and see what we can do differently next time.

Yeah i believe the main problem was the not a robot tests as i had to do literally 15 of those while ordered and i did those quick on my phone to the point my hands were shaking badly as i typed my card info in, i hot two for my 20th birthday as by October i would not have been able to get this for a good price. So i lucked out with two and ones to be opened and the other to be for display for my room. Im surprised mattel or mega has not gone after the scalpers and pulled their stock as they are selling at 200$ for the 20$ set. Which is very ridiculous and thats only going to go up in price.

Also i like the added detail the design team put into the printing on cortanas fig. They simply could have given us a trans clear but this is way better than expected

For some constructive feedback.

~I would have had a 5 second video showing exactly what and where to click, discriptions I found made it sound like you had to wait for the instragram post of the specific item appear, and it would have its seperate link in the description bio, Not the actual bio of the insta page itself.

~Id have recommended a limit of 2. for a "One to open, and one to keep in package to admire the amazing packaging detail and lighting effects"

~Personal note, I lost out to buying mine because of a website load error. Hitting proceed to checkout loaded their mainpage with the countdown and when I backspaced they were all gone, No ones fault just a website error. Not something easy to find on a newly made website. For it did not seem to register a "Reserved Item" status if you already had it in your shopping cart like most black friday stuff does. You essentially own the product that is in your in your cart for a limit of 15 minutes exp or finish checkout. Unfortunately it didn't seem to be the case here.

~I am awe struck on the detailing. And firmly believe that this one some of the best work you're team has made with paint quality. Only personal opinion would be Id have swapped the Energy Sword and Splaser for another gun we havent had super high detailing yet. Like an attachment acceptable BR/or DMR using game default skin. Or the classic Rocket Launcher SPKNR

Your hindsight is useless, Yan. You'd think a company determined to learn from previous mistakes would stop making so many. Or is that part of the learning process?

Do right by your fanbase.

Community Team
Hicks_Royel wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:03 am
Your hindsight is useless, Yan.
Well, that's nice.

Yan_MCX wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:42 am
Hicks_Royel wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:03 am
Your hindsight is useless, Yan.
Well, that's nice.
I think you should just lock this thread, I mean, it's over, they're sold out. There's nothing you guys can do about that as previously stated, I don't think we still need this thread.

Unless you reaaaally want to keep listening to Hicks_Royel complaining :/

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”