[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
How did you get into collecting MB? - Page 6 - Community

How did you get into collecting MB?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
omegabob wrote:The minifigs got me in. Once I saw those first super articulated Call of Duty figures it was like seeing G.I.Joe for the first time all over again but now they were block compatible. Then when the Halo figures switched over to the new style and there were clear and translucent, block compatible, easy to customize figures on the market it was pretty much over for everything else.

Definitely a great reason. The old figs were nice but the new super posable figures were wow.

ccbrowning5 wrote:
charliebucket wrote:I got into Mega Construx in late 2009 when I got the lancelot vs the big ugly green dinosaurus rex thing!! (King Arthur) I then got some more battle packs from the same line and then some pyrates and some streetz and a spiderman set! However I had little interest in halo and warcraft and CoD were not even out, And so, in late 2012 I got my first halo set: Cobalt team! And in early 2013 I was completely hooked and I got some warcraft and by that point my addiction with the blok had begun...! Then along came CoD and assassin's creed... yeah! Although most of my sets have been dismantled as I am growing more and more fond of MoCing!!
What is MoCing?
MOC stands for My Own Creation!

charliebucket wrote:I got into Mega Construx in late 2009 when I got the lancelot vs the big ugly green dinosaurus rex thing!! (King Arthur) I then got some more battle packs from the same line and then some pyrates and some streetz and a spiderman set! However I had little interest in halo and warcraft and CoD were not even out, And so, in late 2012 I got my first halo set: Cobalt team! And in early 2013 I was completely hooked and I got some warcraft and by that point my addiction with the blok had begun...! Then along came CoD and assassin's creed... yeah! Although most of my sets have been dismantled as I am growing more and more fond of MoCing!!
I now only have 7-8 small halo sets the gunboat my CoD and the goblin zeppelin still built! Everything is in drawers and tubs sorted by shape and size!

My brother got the snow warthog for Christmas and I had no idea what it was but it looked awesome. After that, Halo mega bloks was all I ever got.

OK. I think I've already said how I got into MEGA but I'll say it again in more detail. One cold winters day in '09 me and my mum were at K-MART dept store. I was staring at the toys when something caught my eye - Lamorak Beast Slayer. It was only $3 so I bought it. Later that day I opened it and built it. I enjoyed it so much. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. One week later and I had another 5 sets to play with. And then I went to The Warehouse and they had Pyrates Skulls and some small Streetz sets. And then I got some Streetz and a Pyrates Skull. That same Christmas I got another Skull and a Spider Man mech. That was all in about a month. Then I faded out of MEGA until 2013 when I saw HALO and WoW sets. Until that point I hadn't payed those sets much attention. I then got the Seraph and Cobalt Team. I was hooked! One year later and I had 10+ HALO sets some WoW and 3 CoD models. It was in 2016 that I really got into the MEGA sets. I started reading C.D.A and Those Two Guys on the gallery and I wanted to do a comic but I had no ideas. For my 13th last year I got the Wraith drone and the Ghosts unit thus giving me some really nice figures. I also noticed that there was next to no WoW or historical based sets which made me want to do a time travel story. That and I was watching Doctor Who. And here I am today.

Well, I was first introduced to the concept of brick building with a now defunct competitor's "Bucket of Bricks" which was literally a plastic bucket with a bunch of basic brick shapes , plates , axels, wheels etc. I spent way too many hours as a kid building random things. Then for decades I didn't do much with brick building. Had to do the adulating thing I guess lol.

Then along came a game called Destiny. I spent over a thousand hours playing that game and when I learned that Mega Blocks had sets like the Halo sets I just had to get some to check them out. Little did I know I was about to reactivate my Collector bug. (I had previously gotten hardcore into collecting old '80s Transformers toys from my youth as an adult).

I now own all the Destiny sets except the current releases and I have expanded into the Halo universe because all those really cool vehicles I thought were so cool but I was too busy adulting to give them any thought are now readily available to build with and way too much fun!

I got into Mega Blocks/Construx for one simple reason. I am 42 years old and I finally realized something. There is no such thing as "too old" for something. There is no such thing as "too immature". There is simply creativity. People who choose to give up "childish" things like "competitor" and Mega Construx are missing out on a great source of creativity and artistic freedom that I chose to embrace. I really love being able to spend hours putting together a creation and then photograph it in creative ways that make my scenes I create come to life. I enjoy posting those images here for all of you to enjoy and comment on. I enjoy being able to look on my "collection" shelf and see all the amazingly detailed tiny little people and vehicles that I assembled with my own hands and displayed for others to enjoy as well as myself.

I do not plan to give up my brick obsession any time soon. Not unless arthritis in my fingers makes me unable to manipulate those tiny parts and figure the way I want them to. But then again, I have to incredibly creative nieces who I am sure I can bring into the fold when that time comes :)

Community Team
Arcsylver wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 am
Well, I was first introduced to the concept of brick building with a now defunct competitor's "Bucket of Bricks" which was literally a plastic bucket with a bunch of basic brick shapes , plates , axels, wheels etc. I spent way too many hours as a kid building random things. Then for decades I didn't do much with brick building. Had to do the adulating thing I guess lol.

Then along came a game called Destiny. I spent over a thousand hours playing that game and when I learned that Mega Blocks had sets like the Halo sets I just had to get some to check them out. Little did I know I was about to reactivate my Collector bug. (I had previously gotten hardcore into collecting old '80s Transformers toys from my youth as an adult).

I now own all the Destiny sets except the current releases and I have expanded into the Halo universe because all those really cool vehicles I thought were so cool but I was too busy adulting to give them any thought are now readily available to build with and way too much fun!

I got into Mega Blocks/Construx for one simple reason. I am 42 years old and I finally realized something. There is no such thing as "too old" for something. There is no such thing as "too immature". There is simply creativity. People who choose to give up "childish" things like "competitor" and Mega Construx are missing out on a great source of creativity and artistic freedom that I chose to embrace. I really love being able to spend hours putting together a creation and then photograph it in creative ways that make my scenes I create come to life. I enjoy posting those images here for all of you to enjoy and comment on. I enjoy being able to look on my "collection" shelf and see all the amazingly detailed tiny little people and vehicles that I assembled with my own hands and displayed for others to enjoy as well as myself.

I do not plan to give up my brick obsession any time soon. Not unless arthritis in my fingers makes me unable to manipulate those tiny parts and figure the way I want them to. But then again, I have to incredibly creative nieces who I am sure I can bring into the fold when that time comes :)
Love your story :) It's true though, you're never too old for something. It's when we think we're too old for something that we miss out the most.

I got a gift I already had so i returned it my brother told me to buy some halo figures after opening them I played with them and I really liked them so I went to walmart to buy more. Then, at walmart I got 3 call of duty sets after that I started collecting sets.

Way back at Christmas of 2005, Costco had a superpack with three different Pyrates sets in it. I got it for Christmas and fell in love with Mega Bloks instantly.

On that same note, I wish Costco still had Mega Bloks/Construx sets around Christmas time. Costco toys kind of suck now. No Mega, no Transformers, no Playmobil...

I'm completely new to Mega Bloks/Construx. I discovered them through a Masters of the Universe website. I'm a big MOTU fan, so I had to have He-Man and Skeletor. I cannot believe how affordable these things are, compared to $20 action figures. It's very refreshing. The small size was a little foreign to me at first, but the more I got used to it, the more I liked them.

I did some research, and I saw some Classic Star Trek sets that I want, and possibly some Assassins Creed stuff. I love how these are just basically, miniature action figures. They're not all blocky and square-ish looking. To each his own, but I'm not into the 'Blocko' style at all.

I cannot wait to see what comes up next with this line! There are tons and tons of characters I would be interested in.

Return to “General discussion”