[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Has the Call of Duty line been cancelled? - Page 6 - Community

Has the Call of Duty line been cancelled?

Got a question? Ask it here!
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:42 am
Some people never quite get it do they.
The patronizing attitude/Trolling is not needed nor adds to the discussion Rogue Elite. I would venture that most people here are not company insiders and simply go by the facts on the surface.
On the surface, Mega has a history of prepping out concepts and products for comicons or toyfair and then not following through with their development. This was true with Assassin's Creed for instance, as well as Halo Firebase. While Mega officials put out statements on the COD line status, those statements are not supported by the facts observed. Amazon has put up listings before for new products that just ended up getting pulled. So Amazon is not a reliable source as far as speaking to Mega development process. Mattel is the overall big boss and director of operations for Mega Construx now and even if Mega is developing models (which is their job and passion) there is nothing to say that lines/products can't get axed at ANY stage in development. What we need is more consistent communication between the consumer fanbase and the customer care/PR officials making sure misinformation isn't propagated. The gallery platform on Mega's website for example, has not had staff picks chosen in a very long time. There has been no comments from Cary or anyone else on projects. The apparent situation shows either a significant decrease in community involvement by Mega or simple disregard for its fans. Simple as that. Prepared blanket statements do not support actions observed in real life. Until the COD product page is restored and the new sets are on store shelves or on Amazon with consumer reviews I will reserve my judgement on the future of the COD and other lines.

MCX_Team wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:39 pm
Hey everyone!

Some of you noticed the Call of Duty website is no longer listed on our Worlds page, which has led to some speculation. We want to reassure you that the line is not cancelled! There are new sets in development as we speak and we’ll update you as soon as we can. Sorry for the confusion this has caused.
oh wow that was fast, thanks guys! :-)

Wlifter wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 3:31 pm
vsg001 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:16 am
Link to COD world's page is down as of 5/31/18. I know that there are some new sets in the works such as the Cargo Truck, but this would not be the first time Mega has shown concepts and ended up pulling the product/line. It just sucks there is no archive page for these lines. I would like to give credit where credit is due. Mega should be proud of their past accomplishments with the licensing intact or otherwise. With TRU going under I was able to get some great deals on the latest helicopter sets and can't leave reviews now. I wish there was a site like Br*ckset but for Mega Construx.
Several new CoD sets just popped up on Amazon (not for sale yet) so I think this rumor is officially canxed.
Just checked Amazon (6-8-18) for any new COD sets for sale and otherwise, and the latest ones I could find are just the recent WW2 style. I saw the Meridian warthog out of stock and same for the new probuilder helicopter, but nothing new for COD. I'm using the US Amazon site.

Wlifter wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Several new CoD sets just popped up on Amazon (not for sale yet) so I think this rumor is officially canxed.
no not really because they did shut down Assassin's Creed right before the new sets released, and this was what everyone said then.

I don't believe the last few Assassin's Creed sets were ever solicited. Pics had leaked of them, but I don't think they were via a retailer though.

There are listings on Amazon for three new CoD WWII sets which are up for order right now.on Amazon. Out of stock (just like the Halo Meridian Mantis, Warthog, and Probuilder helicopter) and no pics yet. But you can still order them. So I'm not sure how vsg001 is searching Amazon, but the listings are still active. And are relatively new.

I think most of Mega Construx releases tend to be in the "fall," so I think we'll see stuff actually popping up in July. We'll get these three WWII sets, the WWII crate, WWII German troops, three armory packs, third wave of Heroes, and the truck. I would prefer more modern sets to the WWII stuff. Overall, it's a decent amount of stuff for a "dead" line.

Ashtalon wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:01 pm
I don't believe the last few Assassin's Creed sets were ever solicited. Pics had leaked of them, but I don't think they were via a retailer though.

There are listings on Amazon for three new CoD WWII sets which are up for order right now.on Amazon. Out of stock (just like the Halo Meridian Mantis, Warthog, and Probuilder helicopter) and no pics yet. But you can still order them. So I'm not sure how vsg001 is searching Amazon, but the listings are still active. And are relatively new.

I think most of Mega Construx releases tend to be in the "fall," so I think we'll see stuff actually popping up in July. We'll get these three WWII sets, the WWII crate, WWII German troops, three armory packs, third wave of Heroes, and the truck. I would prefer more modern sets to the WWII stuff. Overall, it's a decent amount of stuff for a "dead" line.
oh, and yes they usually come in Fall from what I noticed.

Ashtalon wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:01 pm

On the amazon.com site, in the main search bar, I typed in " mega construx meridian mantis" and there are no links to the product. The only thing that comes up is the warthog. I am doing the most direct and simple search query. If it is there, it should pop up no? Is there some sort of retail code name I should be typing in instead to see these products? Some kind of insider-only hoops to jump through? I resent the implication that I'm too dim to use a website like Amazon that is set up specifically to help guide your search and even suggest products based on your search. Now if my choices are limited because of zip code information used to calculate shipping and distribution, and can't see specific items, that is another issue. But this is why I said Amazon is not a reliable indicator of the status of a mega Construx line. What is so contentious and confusing about that statement?

Items that are unreleased, upcoming, or out of stock don't show up in a standard search on Amazon. You have to have an advanced search option enabled to view them. That option is buried in an obscure settings menu, and is usually turned off by default, so most people don't even know it's there.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:17 pm
Items that are unreleased, upcoming, or out of stock don't show up in a standard search on Amazon. You have to have an advanced search option enabled to view them. That option is buried in an obscure settings menu, and is usually turned off by default, so most people don't even know it's there.
Thanks for the clarification Nato. Maybe I am too dim to use Amazon.... I played around with the search filters to include upcoming and out of stock results but I still wasn't able to see the mantis or cod cargo truck. I'm using the mobile version, so maybe there are more setting options on the desktop version? I don't know... If it's this difficult to find this stuff I have to think they don't really want you to know about it, precisely because their future is still up in the air. Idk, just using common sense here. I've already spent way too much time on here speculating...I do still think that communication between mega and us fans is lacking. Mega should be able to give us at least some more upfront explanations as to why their world's page is down and yt videos pulled and all that. Just my two cents.

Hypothetically

It CoD was canceled then mega could just go and pick up another similar licence like battlefield or something.

All would not be lost.

Hypothetically of course.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”