[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
3 Things Mega Needs To Do To Triumph - Page 6 - Community

3 Things Mega Needs To Do To Triumph

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Yes I live in New Zealand and out of the 25 odd HALO sets they release here they only release 5 or so sets so it is real sad!

charliebucket wrote:Yes I live in New Zealand and out of the 25 odd HALO sets they release here they only release 5 or so sets so it is real sad!
Oh yeah, US Amazon does not ship to NZ either!!!

I was hoping when Mattel bought Mega we would finally have the strong backing to get more sets on store shelves and shelfspace to match. But alas, it is becoming exceedingly apparent Mattel has no intention of putting up a fight for store shelves. In the three main stores in my area (Walmart Target & Kmart) the only new sets for a long time have been TMNT. All the fall sets have not appeared even after black friday. With the name change it seems only a matter of time before the more realistic designs and figures will pass into history as contracts run out, and only " childrens toys will be left. I really hope this is not the case as I buy sets across all lines. ST Destiny Halo COD Minions MH TMNT HW Terminator Marvel and AC all have a place on my families shelves. I just wish they were more accessible in stores. Come on Mattel Stand up to (Toy Who Shall Not Be Named) and fight for our right to buy.

Number 1 is by fr the most important. I'll use eco blind bags for example. They were in my area for 1 week. 1 flippen week and then they we're gone. Some sets never hit shelves ever. Anywhere ever then show up in a warhouse a year later. Add to that we have even more rare story exsclusives. I haven't seen anyone but *** with the target promethaine set, and don't forget once they are off the shelves the price tripples, I dare you to look up the cost for a flood siege right now.

I used to see a lot of sets at Target, now nothing. They never carried the Monster high sets at all and only a few halo sets like 4-5. Toys r Us has an isle and about half is mega. I ended up getting a prime membership off amazon and get almost everything there now. Walmart still has series one of monster high and 3 COD sets. One of the best places I have found for MB though is Kroger, if you have a marketplace they carry a lot, if its just a grocery then just figure blind packs and MH minis.

Is it just me or is ebay outrageous in price on Mega bloks. I wanted a few of the old terrain pieces and love the old trees from Pirates of carribean. Hey Mega bring back those old trees they would look good in COD sets and black ones for MH.

I think his thread should be aimed at company strategy rather than set production suggestions.

I am really curious what is going on with distribution and why store shelves seem to lack Mega Bloks/Mega Construx products. I'm sure their is a profit motive and a reason but it is unclear to the casual consumer. I believe this causes the brand to appear inferior to their larger competitor and unable to reach new consumers. I think the product is incredible and has really evolved lately. MAKE YOUR SETS MORE VISIBLE.

Target right now has about 4 feet a shelves space of MB product smooshed between non brick based toys. While the competitor has two entire isles. When people go to the store to buy their child a brick based toy, they go to one place and don't look around.

I'm hoping this is temporary and only a result of the name change. Maybe Mega wants all of their non Construx sets gone to avoid consumer confusion.

On unrelated note, I would love to see Mega do limited production runs of some of their more popular sets. I think Amazon could distribute these and Mega could even charge a premium if needed so that the ROI of these production runs made sense.

Cuzz35 wrote:I think his thread should be aimed at company strategy rather than set production suggestions. I am really curious what is going on with distribution and why store shelves seem to lack Mega Bloks/Mega Construx products. I'm sure their is a profit motive and a reason but it is unclear to the casual consumer. I believe this causes the brand to appear inferior to their larger competitor and unable to reach new consumers. I think the product is incredible and has really evolved lately. MAKE YOUR SETS MORE VISIBLE. Target right now has about 4 feet a shelves space of MB product smooshed between non brick based toys. While the competitor has two entire isles. When people go to the store to buy their child a brick based toy, they go to one place and don't look around. I'm hoping this is temporary and only a result of the name change. Maybe Mega wants all of their non Construx sets gone to avoid consumer confusion. On unrelated note, I would love to see Mega do limited production runs of some of their more popular sets. I think Amazon could distribute these and Mega could even charge a premium if needed so that the ROI of these production runs made sense.

Ebay can be ruthless it can also be delightful if your willing to dig your heels in for the long run and camp for stuff you want.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Cuzz35 wrote:I think his thread should be aimed at company strategy rather than set production suggestions. I am really curious what is going on with distribution and why store shelves seem to lack Mega Bloks/Mega Construx products. I'm sure their is a profit motive and a reason but it is unclear to the casual consumer. I believe this causes the brand to appear inferior to their larger competitor and unable to reach new consumers. I think the product is incredible and has really evolved lately. MAKE YOUR SETS MORE VISIBLE. Target right now has about 4 feet a shelves space of MB product smooshed between non brick based toys. While the competitor has two entire isles. When people go to the store to buy their child a brick based toy, they go to one place and don't look around. I'm hoping this is temporary and only a result of the name change. Maybe Mega wants all of their non Construx sets gone to avoid consumer confusion. On unrelated note, I would love to see Mega do limited production runs of some of their more popular sets. I think Amazon could distribute these and Mega could even charge a premium if needed so that the ROI of these production runs made sense.
Ebay can be ruthless it can also be delightful if your willing to dig your heels in for the long run and camp for stuff you want.
Yes... A bit of bartering can go a long way!

Its important to have a lot of patience when shopping ebay. And always check the shipping before bidding. Do not worry about 'winning' the auction pick a price you are willing to pay and leave it at that.

Completely agree with #1 and #3!!!!

Could you all let me know what you think about my ideas (at least I think they are mine I'm sure some others have had them before)?
https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/comm ... 55f3eff082

Return to “General discussion”