[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc.. - Page 54 - Community

IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
What about fortnite? The game is very popular right now and it is not violent or gory like other games. so it has way younger audiences. I would love to buy packs that come with different skins with their pickaxes and backpacks and whatever.

drThunderbuckle wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:28 pm
What about fortnite? The game is very popular right now and it is not violent or gory like other games. so it has way younger audiences. I would love to buy packs that come with different skins with their pickaxes and backpacks and whatever.
The only issue i see with this is the long term viability of a line like this. The Battle ROYAL general will die. It wount last forever and wile I'm certain fortnight itself wount go anywhere I'm not sure if it's a solid idea or not. Presumably it would take around 2 years before they could get product out for it.

Now onto the idea itself I'm not a fan of fortnight. Actually I think the game is super overrated but there would definitely be some interesting stuff to come out of a line like that. It would definitely be an interesting that's for sure.

I'm inclined to agree with Admiral-Sabree on some of those points.

Lines like CoD and Destiny and Halo all have different custumiseable/collectible weapons and armours and outfits, yes, but that's not the point of their MCX lines. They also have storylines and locations and vehicles and characters that are recogniseable and marketable, and it's those assets that Mega usually capitalises on.

Fortnite, PUBG, and all of the other Battle Royale games are lacking those important qualities. They're barebones, generic, simplistic games, and while that doesn't necessarily diminish how much fun they can be to play, it does make it difficult to translate over into a legitimate toy line, since there's nothing really iconic that sets could focus on.

Besides that, themes like CoD and Halo represent many years of consistent installments, building up an impressive fanbase that allows the Mega line to have a lot of longevity. Fortnite and the other Battle Royale games are kind of like fidget spinners, in that they're a fad that's very popular now, but most people will eventually grow tired of and move on from them. A line based on Fortnite, PUBG, or any other such game wouldn't be commercially viable, because they don't have as significant of a following, and their fanbases will burn out relatively quickly, compared to these long-running franchises with multitudes of installments and years of history.

I agree with nato tomato potato

But I am kind of getting bored of "Oh darn! this is only the 400th special edition master chief" and "New spartan figures? oh there are only 20 that look almost exactly the same" And all of the call of duty figures are pretty much just generic soldier people, and when you get around 20 of them it really isnt that to get new ones. In fortnite they continuously release new skins and the map has many different iconic locations. Plus there is a faint hint of a story that is always getting people to go like "Is the hidden nuke in snobby shores going to hit moisty or some other place? what is the bunker that is mysteriously growing larger in wailing woods?" If you go up to someone and say my favorite location in fortnite is tilted, but I usually go to dusty because there are so many noobs there, they will probably know what you mean.

And I forgot to mention that fortnite is not just a battle royale game. They are currently creating a new game mode that is fairly popular, and I dont think that they will stop there.

Well as I said fortnight isn't going anywhere. It's become the new COD in terms of world wide appeal. After the Battle ROYAL faze dies fortnight will be all that remains. I know they have a story mode but it has been side lined along with multiple other projects of the team so they could go full throttle on it. I do agree with you somewhat on the COD and halo lines. Halo has to many Spartans wile CoD dosent have enough unique characters.

Destiny is good, every figure is unique and highly collectable but I think that line is on hietious right now untill bungies big fall exspancion.

Please please please do Dark Souls inspired sets! this one could harken towards how the pokemon are done, with sets being more focused on the creatures instead of locations, since bosses are the biggest draw in the game series. Big sets creating characters like the Four Kings, Vordt, and Father Ariandel that span all three games would be awesome! Then smaller characters like the player in their different armor sets, invaders, summons, and hollows can all be regular sized minifigures. Its dark world aesthetic would probably look really good, and you can add some sort of corny tagline to the directions like "prepare to build", a joke on the game series' "prepare to die"

I would also like a dark souls line! The bosses and micro-fig's could have some pretty interesting looks to them!

it is interesting

Also prepare to build is hilarious

Return to “General discussion”