[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc.. - Page 8 - Community

IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
AkulA1996 wrote:
ChewyBricks wrote:An amazing theme for MB to have would be Star Wars if they'd ever be able to get it from their competitor. Fully articulated Jedi are a must. Mega would have much more superior vehicles, crafts, figures. Doubt their competitor will ever let that license go, but I can dream can't I
They won't be able to get star wars away from [competitor], [competitor] have had the licence since I think 1999? And the fact Disney and [competitor] seem to have a partnership.
Please enlighten me about licensing and give me a run down of how it works.

STan94 wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote:
ChewyBricks wrote:An amazing theme for MB to have would be Star Wars if they'd ever be able to get it from their competitor. Fully articulated Jedi are a must. Mega would have much more superior vehicles, crafts, figures. Doubt their competitor will ever let that license go, but I can dream can't I
They won't be able to get star wars away from [competitor], [competitor] have had the licence since I think 1999? And the fact Disney and [competitor] seem to have a partnership.
Please enlighten me about licensing and give me a run down of how it works.
Basically you can't make merchandise based on something like a film or a game without an agreement with the company which owns the rights to said film or game, this agreement then gives you the 'licence' to produce the merchandise based on the game/film.

Any products based on a game or film made without a licence are in a sense illegal as they're made without permission and the company producing the unlicensed product can be taken to a court of law and sued.

It's something like what I said, I don't know exactly and I did just state a basic way of how it works (please add extra info or correct me in areas where I'm wrong).
And generally toy companies don't like to share licences (a certain star wars action figure maker says a certain block company with the star wars licence can't release minifigures without a build of some sort because it's seen as an action figure).

AkulA1996 wrote: Any products based on a game or film made without a licence are in a sense illegal as they're made without permission and the company producing the unlicensed product can be taken to a court of law and sued.
Unless the company is based in China who allows knock-offs like crazy.
AkulA1996 wrote: A certain star wars action figure maker says a certain block company with the star wars licence can't release minifigures without a build of some sort because it's seen as an action figure.
And they both have about the same low level of articulation ... lol

omegabob wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote: Any products based on a game or film made without a licence are in a sense illegal as they're made without permission and the company producing the unlicensed product can be taken to a court of law and sued.
Unless the company is based in China who allows knock-offs like crazy.
AkulA1996 wrote: A certain star wars action figure maker says a certain block company with the star wars licence can't release minifigures without a build of some sort because it's seen as an action figure.
And they both have about the same low level of articulation ... lol
Eh depends which line you buy from for the articulation, theres the cheap 5 points of articulation line (head, arms and legs) and then there's the expensive 13 point (?) articulation line (head, arms, elbows, wrists, legs, knees, and feet).

Edit: also very true what you say about china, it appears they have different copyright laws, as in none at all, it's not just toys they're willing to copy, its also cars, tablets, phones, designer clothing, and even things as crazy as coffee shops.

Very true about Chinese knock offs, I see them everyday because I live in the Philippines.

I think this has been mentioned before by someone, but I'd like to give some ideas along with it: An elder scrolls theme, maybe go through all the games, for named characters just do the ones which are helpful to the main questline or a named enemy in the quest line.
E.g. With Tamriel Unlimited (latest elder scrolls), a good named character would be Darien, Lyris, Abnur Tharn or even the *Spoiler Alert* prophet/former emperor Varen. Maybe shalidor and valaste as the Mage guild does come into play a bit. oh and for things like soldiers MB could maybe vary the species of them in sets like the troop packs, so like argonians, orcs, Breton/Nord(human), Etc.

Some set ideas could be:
The doomcrag: some scenery resembling a bit of the doomcrag, figures could include: Verandis Ravenwatch, Gwendis, 2x Skelton champions, 1x skeleton archer, 1x Baron Montclair.

Daggerfall covenant troop pack - 4x uniformed covenant guards (based on the ones found around the glenumbra, stormhaven, rivenspire regions). Weapons, 3 swords, 3 round shields, 1 bow with 1 quiver
Daggerfall troop pack v2 - 4x uniformed guards (this time based on the Alikr region guards). Weapons would be same as Version 1 but the shields could be changed to a different style.

Ebonheart pact troop packs - same as the covenant but with their respective Pact uniforms

Aldmeri dominion troop packs - again same as the covenant and ebonhearts but with their respective uniforms (I don't know what the pact and the dominion armors are or if they vary in regions I've only done the covenant side (well almost). But the covenant ones do vary depending on which region your in)

Fortress - based on the Keeps in multiplayer (this would be a signature series), could include some siege weapons or they could be sold in small individual sets (in fact so could this keep idea split it up into the main fort, outer towers and the outer walls.) could include the flags of all three alliances, and have troops from all 3 alliances.

omegabob wrote:
BxTart wrote:
eliteslayer4915 wrote:I would definitely love a Warhammer 40,000 line for collectors, you'd be able to actually make scenes from the tabletop miniatures game come to life in mega blocks form, plus it's a boon for 40k lovers
They could include the rules of the game & encourage the use of figures & builds in actual gameplay. Heck, tabletop gaming seems like a smart enhancement to the collector brands. I am pretty sure there already is a [competitor] tabletop gaming league.
The only problem with the Warhammer 40K license is Games Workshop being such control freaks over their IP and selling their models. Since Mega Bloks versions of their armies could take away from their model sales they wouldn't go for it.

There are some generic rule sets out there for using any type of model or "block" figure for table top war gaming. One such rule set is Brik Wars but with a little Google searching you can probably find some others and maybe even some Halo specific ones. The upside to these rules is that they won't change every couple of years or so like the Warhammer 40K rules do.
I wasn't implying that the line be used for the game, just as a regular toy line for collectors, besides it would make for some very interesting crossover photos with some of the other lines like halo and terminator

Here is one fan art of mine of Army Men themed figures. Also testing the image code.

More to come!

STan94 wrote:Here is one fan art of mine of Army Men themed figures. Also testing the image code.

More to come!

I'm not so sure on this - [competitor] did green army men as part of the Toy Story line and I've got a feeling that regardless of green army men being licensed or unlicensed that [competitor] would probably threaten to sue over it.

AkulA1996 wrote:
STan94 wrote:Here is one fan art of mine of Army Men themed figures. Also testing the image code.

More to come!

I'm not so sure on this - [competitor] did green army men as part of the Toy Story line and I've got a feeling that regardless of green army men being licensed or unlicensed that [competitor] would probably threaten to sue over it.
Well, I'm gonna hate and boycott said competitor if that were to happen. Also I was curious that you can't spell out other company names in this forum. It's as if it's a racial slur, you know, the "L" word.

Return to “General discussion”