[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
What was your first set? - Page 9 - Community

What was your first set?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Oh shoot. Now I realize I've said what my first set was like three times.

JoeFilms wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 pm
Oh shoot. Now I realize I've said what my first set was like three times.
Yes. If you want to edit a forum post, then you can click on the pencil next to the ! and the " above your comment next to your avatar.

I'm new to all of this so my first set was the Charmeleon Pokemon set when UltraSun/Moon came out. The game came out and I went to get it and they were offering a 20% discount on their in-store knick knacks with the game purchase. I just grabbed it thinking I'd never do it, but when I got home and was looking for something to fiddle with to calm my nerves I opened it and assembled it. It was nice and soothing.

Survivor11 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:00 am
What little pencil...
The one above your comment. You should be able to see it?

My first set was the Halo UNSC siege bike

I started out with Charmander vs Squirtle, though my first experience with Mega Bloks was the Despicable Me 3 castle that my stepson got for his birthday or xmas. I thought the pieces fit together well enough and the bricks were high enough quality to check them out for myself, so I started getting the Pokemon sets to build on my Youtube channel. Now I've done eight of them, and I'm hooked. These sets are great.

Mine was a WoW Orc Warrior, Human Paladin, Night Elf Druid and a Blood Elf Priest, I bought them all at once! :-)

The nostalgia of Halo and ability to brick build something from that is what first won me over. First set I ever got was the snow warthog versus the ghost. I remember thinking that the Spartan and Elite figures were the coolest thing in brick building I had seen to that point in my life. Won me over from being a loyal competitor consumer. Kept going with the first hornet, gremlin and wolverine. Mega was able to combine a couple of my favorite interests into one super hobby. First COD set was the first snowmobile.

As I started custom building, I came across the Community Gallery and seeing everybody else's creativity inspired me to continue to keep building. The feeling of accomplishment with my creations was even more magnified with all the supportive actions from Mega like the staff picks and all the comments from the Mega community. You can't get that from the competition brick brand.

Return to “General discussion”