[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc.. - Page 9 - Community

IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
STan94 wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote:
STan94 wrote:Here is one fan art of mine of Army Men themed figures. Also testing the image code.

More to come!

I'm not so sure on this - [competitor] did green army men as part of the Toy Story line and I've got a feeling that regardless of green army men being licensed or unlicensed that [competitor] would probably threaten to sue over it.
Well, I'm gonna hate and boycott said competitor if that were to happen. Also I was curious that you can't spell out other company names in this forum. It's as if it's a racial slur, you know, the "L" word.
Mega is paranoid that's why they block the use of the L word

Many great suggestions here. The problem with most of them is that they only allow a few sets, or in some cases consist of figures only, or appeal to too small a group; these are probably too limited in scope to set up a whole new line for.

Having said this, I would love to see, and would buy all sets in, a Warhammer 40K theme (if I could get my hands on them here in the Netherlands that is). Admittedly it might not obey the "appeal to a large group" rule, but the WH40K universe is huge, and would allow a pretty much endless number of different sets, not to mention the multitude of alien races to model. GW is infamously hardline about their IP, but because of the size of the MB figures, I don't think they would see it as a threat to their tabletop battle game (they would be perfect for a smaller-sized skirmish though!).

Another theme that allows endless sets in all sizes and types is of course World War 2. I would suggest to set up a separate line for this outside of the CoD one (but with full compatibility, especially figure-wise). And probably no license is required for this at all! (But I may be mistaken about this.) When thinking of even just the main combatants (US, SU, GB, Germany, Italy and Japan), the number of possible sets is staggering. In fact, the WW2 era has by far the largest variation in infantry, cavalry, artillery, vehicles, aircraft, and even ship if you would want to go there, than any other period in history or the present. It's the most popular setting for wargames because of this, and has the best chance of bringing in new people to the MB hobby.

^ In regards to your ww2 comment I think they should stick with cod licence as cod has pretty much done every theatre of ww2 in their games (literally the only thing I think they've missed in them are a long Italy campaign) and they should make sets for vehicles that were both included and excluded from the games thus giving us a good ww2 line - well when they start giving us Axis forces it'll be a good ww2 line an Flak 88 isn't any good without anyone to man it (referring to CODs Attack Turret ww2 set).

Even if they just did vehicles from the games, there's no shortage of vehicles for the MB designers to choose from.

Actually, I played all the WW2 CoD games, and the number of vehicles is severely limited, and aircraft are almost non-existent. And the current WW2 CoD Legends sets are frankly not the best (the Sherman turret is not very good, and the half-track looks like some prewar French one, although they probably tried for an M3/M5...

But as long as we would be getting many more WW2 sets than currently, I would be happy no matter what line it falls under :-). And as long as they make them more easily available in the Netherlands, or even some of the neighboring countries.

ZeusEQ wrote:Actually, I played all the WW2 CoD games, and the number of vehicles is severely limited, and aircraft are almost non-existent. And the current WW2 CoD Legends sets are frankly not the best (the Sherman turret is not very good, and the half-track looks like some prewar French one, although they probably tried for an M3/M5...

But as long as we would be getting many more WW2 sets than currently, I would be happy no matter what line it falls under :-). And as long as they make them more easily available in the Netherlands, or even some of the neighboring countries.
Number of vehicles is severely limited? I'm sorry but you must have the games confused with another game, there's definitely no shortage of vehicles in the games. Uh C-47 aircraft, F4U corsair aircraft, PBY Catalina aircraft, "Zero" aircraft, JU-87 Stuka aircraft, Ground vehicles on all sides including several variants Panzer 4's, 5's (Panthers), and 6's (Tigers), several allied tanks e.g. T-34 (Both the 76 and the 84) Cromwells, crusaders, several Sherman variants including the M4A3 and the Firefly, utility/GP vehicles include Kubelwagens, the Willys jeep, CCKWs, rocket artillery such as the nebelwerfer and the Katyusha launchers. All of these examples are in the games.

ZeusEQ wrote: Having said this, I would love to see, and would buy all sets in, a Warhammer 40K theme (if I could get my hands on them here in the Netherlands that is). Admittedly it might not obey the "appeal to a large group" rule, but the WH40K universe is huge, and would allow a pretty much endless number of different sets, not to mention the multitude of alien races to model. GW is infamously hardline about their IP, but because of the size of the MB figures, I don't think they would see it as a threat to their tabletop battle game (they would be perfect for a smaller-sized skirmish though!).
Nice to see a fellow WH40K enthusiast, but as I've said in earlier posts, these would be for collectors that like WH40K in general, they wouldn't be used for the actual game itself, but you're right, it would make for some really good sets, especially the ones with the Adeptus Astartes (Space Marines)

AkulA1996 wrote:
ZeusEQ wrote:Actually, I played all the WW2 CoD games, and the number of vehicles is severely limited, and aircraft are almost non-existent. And the current WW2 CoD Legends sets are frankly not the best (the Sherman turret is not very good, and the half-track looks like some prewar French one, although they probably tried for an M3/M5...

Number of vehicles is severely limited? I'm sorry but you must have the games confused with another game, there's definitely no shortage of vehicles in the games. Uh C-47 aircraft, F4U corsair aircraft, PBY Catalina aircraft, "Zero" aircraft, JU-87 Stuka aircraft, Ground vehicles on all sides including several variants Panzer 4's, 5's (Panthers), and 6's (Tigers), several allied tanks e.g. T-34 (Both the 76 and the 84) Cromwells, crusaders, several Sherman variants including the M4A3 and the Firefly, utility/GP vehicles include Kubelwagens, the Willys jeep, CCKWs, rocket artillery such as the nebelwerfer and the Katyusha launchers. All of these examples are in the games.
That is indeed a lot more than I remember, especially the aircraft :-). Still, this is just the tip of the Iceberg where WW2 era military equipment or factions are concerned - which is only good, as like I mentioned it will allow almost limitless sets in all sizes (ranging from small calibre AT guns through jeeps, trucks, light tanks and so on all the way to the Tiger II, Elefant and Jagdtiger!) without needing to do yet another version of the same vehicle (like the IMO overdone Cyclops and Hog in the Halo line).

I would love to be a designer for this WW2 line :P !

eliteslayer4915 wrote:
ZeusEQ wrote: Having said this, I would love to see, and would buy all sets in, a Warhammer 40K theme (if I could get my hands on them here in the Netherlands that is). Admittedly it might not obey the "appeal to a large group" rule, but the WH40K universe is huge, and would allow a pretty much endless number of different sets, not to mention the multitude of alien races to model. GW is infamously hardline about their IP, but because of the size of the MB figures, I don't think they would see it as a threat to their tabletop battle game (they would be perfect for a smaller-sized skirmish though!).
Nice to see a fellow WH40K enthusiast, but as I've said in earlier posts, these would be for collectors that like WH40K in general, they wouldn't be used for the actual game itself, but you're right, it would make for some really good sets, especially the ones with the Adeptus Astartes (Space Marines)
I'm really into miniature gaming, so I'm sure I would use an existing ruleset, or come up with a ruleset of my own, for WH40K battles/skirmishes at the MB scale! I'm already working on some rules to introduce in my gaming group to use with the CoD line figures :D.

ZeusEQ wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote:

That is indeed a lot more than I remember, especially the aircraft :-). Still, this is just the tip of the Iceberg where WW2 era military equipment or factions are concerned - which is only good, as like I mentioned it will allow almost limitless sets in all sizes (ranging from small calibre AT guns through jeeps, trucks, light tanks and so on all the way to the Tiger II, Elefant and Jagdtiger!) without needing to do yet another version of the same vehicle (like the IMO overdone Cyclops and Hog in the Halo line).

I would love to be a designer for this WW2 line :P !
I'm probably the only person not sick of the cyclops, ok the first wave having two with the same arm attachment was pretty boring, but ones like the off world cyclops to me seem useful in-universe and hey a lot of vehicles in today's militarys forces often use the same base vehicle/chassis, i mean look at how many variants of Stryker (APC) there are, or look at Russia's latest vehicles they showed off a few months ago, all those vehicles are going to use the same chassis/base vehicle.

And again with the warthog while there are more people who never get tired of warthogs, it still keeps with modern military vehicles often just swapping weapons for bigger weapons, look at the HMMVW (Hum-Vee) variants, .50 cal MG, TOW Launchers, Surface to Air launchers, etc.

I decided after creating the discussion"Call of Duty: Further" discussion that my issue may be best addressed here. I love the Call of Duty games as well as Mega Books Call of Duty sets, but my issue is that there are no female characters. Activision has yet to even introduce one, which makes it a little sexist. I was hoping for, at least, a nurse or field medic, if no a soldier to be female. Not a single one yet.

Can Mega Blocks be the one to break the monotony by introducing a female figure or two into the Call of Duty line?

Return to “General discussion”