[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc.. - Page 10 - Community

IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
ZeusEQ wrote: I'm really into miniature gaming, so I'm sure I would use an existing ruleset, or come up with a ruleset of my own, for WH40K battles/skirmishes at the MB scale! I'm already working on some rules to introduce in my gaming group to use with the CoD line figures :D.
The UNSC from the Halo line converts well into the 40K rules as long as you just use humans. Marines are the Imperial Guard (or whatever they are called now) Spartans are the Space Marines and ODST can either be elite Imperial Guard or Space Marine Scouts. The vehicles would take a little more work to convert but I'm sure it could be done.

The Call of Duty figures do work well for table top war gaming as well although you may want to do a Google search for a rule set closer to modern warfare stats (unless you want your commandos using LasCannons ... lol).

A friend of mine is working on a rule set that we've tried with Call of Duty figs and block built terrain (some pictures on my Flickr page but you have to scroll down a ways). We've got another test coming up this weekend, I'll post some pictures in the Fan Gallery afterwards.

omegabob wrote:
ZeusEQ wrote: I'm really into miniature gaming, so I'm sure I would use an existing ruleset, or come up with a ruleset of my own, for WH40K battles/skirmishes at the MB scale! I'm already working on some rules to introduce in my gaming group to use with the CoD line figures :D.
The UNSC from the Halo line converts well into the 40K rules as long as you just use humans. Marines are the Imperial Guard (or whatever they are called now) Spartans are the Space Marines and ODST can either be elite Imperial Guard or Space Marine Scouts. The vehicles would take a little more work to convert but I'm sure it could be done.

The Call of Duty figures do work well for table top war gaming as well although you may want to do a Google search for a rule set closer to modern warfare stats (unless you want your commandos using LasCannons ... lol).

A friend of mine is working on a rule set that we've tried with Call of Duty figs and block built terrain (some pictures on my Flickr page but you have to scroll down a ways). We've got another test coming up this weekend, I'll post some pictures in the Fan Gallery afterwards.
FYI, the Imperial Guard is now called the Astra Millitarum, and it's true, you could use Spartans as a proxy for Adeptus Astartes, normal marines for Astra Millitarum forces and so on, but you'd have to actually make up your own rules because GW is not one for having their rules copied, though what would the covenant represent?

Using GW rules for home games, you can get away with without having to worry about a C&D letter from them. But as often as their rules change and are only balanced to the point that they will sell more models, why would you want to use them.

Given all their hover vehicles the Elite could use the Eldar rules.

omegabob wrote:Using GW rules for home games, you can get away with without having to worry about a C&D letter from them. But as often as their rules change and are only balanced to the point that they will sell more models, why would you want to use them.

Given all their hover vehicles the Elite could use the Eldar rules.
I'd actually give the Elites tau rules, since they're more high-tech

I've made fully poseable micro WH40K figures in years past. Whose going to be the first to bash TAU bits onto Mega Bloks Micro figure bodies?

some WWE figures
and how about Megaman X and Zero? that would be amazing

Just throwing it out there. Metroid would be cool.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - ANY license that Minimates has or has had in the past Mega Bloks should be attempting to secure . Anything Minimates has done Mega Bloks can do better.

Thehumanelement wrote:I've made fully poseable micro WH40K figures in years past. Whose going to be the first to bash TAU bits onto Mega Bloks Micro figure bodies?
Wait, what?! You're kidding me right? How did you even manage to do that?!
I demand proof of this (photo proof at least)!

Thehumanelement wrote:I've made fully poseable micro WH40K figures in years past. Whose going to be the first to bash TAU bits onto Mega Bloks Micro figure bodies?
I do have a plan to use that antenna array on the side of their head for a custom but now that you mention it, it could be interesting to try to build one of their battle suits onto the new Mega figures. It's been a long while since I've played against Tau but if I remember correctly the battle suits should be about the size of a Halo fig if not a little bigger.

Return to “General discussion”