[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Tips for fighting dust - Community

Tips for fighting dust

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Hey all,
I wanted to know if you guys, especially those with heaps of mega bloks (like Akula) had any tips for fighting dust? I used to have my sets on shelves but I found that they got really dusty all the time so now I have them in a glass cabinet. But any ideas for those who don't have glass cases or if I want to make a battle scape for display (the case is rather... Small) ideas are much appreciated.
Thanks

Um I just use a cloth and clean them regularly, once or twice a month for me.

Interesting fact: 60% of dust is actually dead human skin. Good air circulation can cut that down.

DevilDoll wrote:Interesting fact: 60% of dust is actually dead human skin. Good air circulation can cut that down.
Or maybe shed less skin? Lol (yes this is a joke nobody take it seriously please).

Haha yeah all good, and yeah for the dust/skin shed part, I don't go in my room that often (I blame our cat who sleeps in my room quite a bit lol) but thanks I should probably wipe mine too, just been a bit lazy I guess. Thanks for the responses

Light dusting as much as possible. The more frequent you do it the less time it takes.
Glass cases, air filters also help.

There are products on the market for repelling dust for furniture and electronics.
The electronics ones might work on sets since it probably has less chemicals etc.. to not damage the electronics.
I would recommend doing some research and test before trying these out.

I wonder if having a small fan near the exposed collection would push dust away or make it worst?
I'm thinking about one of these small hand help fans, or maybe a fan from an old computer.

On the topic of computers you can buy air in a can. Often used for computer electronics cleaning.
This has a nozzle and straw that you can use to blow air into tight places.

Hope this helps in the war against dust :)

Air circulation is a number one when it comes to fighting dust. Fans work for my sets. Dusting is also a lot easier when you do it every 2 to 3 days.

DevilDoll wrote:Fans work for my sets.
Nice, that confirms my thoughts above.

Yeah thanks again and just another quick question, where do you guys store or display your sets? It was one of the reasons I stopped collecting for awhile but the new sets are too good to resist ;)

Assassinater117 wrote:Yeah thanks again and just another quick question, where do you guys store or display your sets? It was one of the reasons I stopped collecting for awhile but the new sets are too good to resist ;)
Most of my collection is boxed so they are not displayed.
The ones I do display are on a shelf in my room.

The ones that are displayed don't really get a chance to get dusty.
I tend to take them a part after some time to build something else.

Return to “General discussion”