[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
How do you sort your blocks? - Community

How do you sort your blocks?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I did some organizing this weekend. Basically making room for more stuff ;p
I started thinking about organizing my blocks into smaller containers rather than a large tub.

I figured I'd ask the question here and maybe get some ideas I hadn't thought of.
So, how do you sort your blocks?

I don't I just rush into the builds and throw the spare pieces into a box of spare pieces. But if I did I'd probably do it by type of block and colour, e.g. Desert 2x4's would be separate from green 2x4's which would also be seperate from any other type of block of the same colours (depends how much space you got in your buckets I guess).

Separating each of the pieces and sorting by color would take a lot of space.
I'm thinking of sorting by the following: standard size, 1/3 size, angles and then the special parts.

Anyone else have some ideas?

I used to keep my bricks separated by brand and color, but nowadays it's just by color. Sometimes I'll toss similar colors together in the same bin (several different uncommon shades of green for example) but they're mostly all in individual tubs. Those disposable plastic food containers you can buy nowadays are great and affordable for part organizing.

I'd love to be able to separate them by color and type, but that would require a huge dedicated building room with wall-to-wall organizer drawers and racks. I'd need like an entire basement or something for that.

I've got some of those plastic containers that are devided into sections.
I use those for my fig parts. heads, torsos, legs, arms etc... But the sections are too small for my blocks.

I use those cheap orange HOMER BOXES from Home Depot. I have about 8. Plus storage bins, for building set. And about 5 Organizer boxes.

I don't sort my parts, but I would recommend sorting them by piece category (bricks, plates, etc) and, if you have enough of the color, sort them into basic color groups.

I decided against sorting by color since I tend to paint my blocks anyways.
I left the larger block pieces mixed in a box, but sorted the smaller specialized parts into bags.

I chose bags over plastic bins because the bins took up a lot more space.
Was also simpler to get a bigger or smaller bag depending on how many pieces I had of a certain block.
Bags are also cheaper.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

I sort them by
[*]Figures
[*]Weappons and accesories
[*]Scenery and nice parts
[*]Walls and bases
[*]Blocks

In plastic bins of varying size.

Community Team
I've gone personally a little crazy on how I sort my blocks.

I have multiple fishing bait organizers where each compartment is a different type of block. Each box is divided by types of bricks (i.e short, high, connectors, ect)

I honestly take so much pride on how organized my collection is!

Return to “General discussion”