[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
So..about those Covenant grunts... - Community

So..about those Covenant grunts...

General news and information related to Mega Construx
For some reason despite all of the amazing characters , vehicles and figures in the HALO line my mind keeps coming back to the Covenant Grunts .

I cannot help but wonder where the Grunts ( and to a lesser extent the Brutes) will go from here in toy form. The new elites are quite nice but i don't know if the Grunts can be made better than what they are. Personally i prefer the smaller grunts that Mega Bloks created early on to the larger grunts simply de to the smaller units being closer to accurate in game / movie scale .

So what do you think ? Where does Mattel go , if anywhere , with the lowly grunt figure?

Thehumanelement wrote:For some reason despite all of the amazing characters , vehicles and figures in the HALO line my mind keeps coming back to the Covenant Grunts .

I cannot help but wonder where the Grunts ( and to a lesser extent the Brutes) will go from here in toy form. The new elites are quite nice but i don't know if the Grunts can be made better than what they are. Personally i prefer the smaller grunts that Mega Bloks created early on to the larger grunts simply de to the smaller units being closer to accurate in game / movie scale .

So what do you think ? Where does Mattel go , if anywhere , with the lowly grunt figure?
Actually the v2 grunt is the right size - only just smaller then a marine, playing the games we're Spartans/Elites who are taller than the average human, and so everytime we come across a grunt and compare size we always appear much taller. I don't think they can upgrade the grunts anymore I think to get some elbow articulation they'd have to beef up the arms thus removing the game accuracy.

I don't play the games but i have seen people play it so you may be right . However based upon what you said about grunts being just shorter than Marines and the fact that the average grunt should be about 5' (from 4'6'' to 5'6'') the v2 grunt seems oversized compared to the original v1 grunt.

Case in point:
Google this search string : Halo Mega Bloks Series 7 Figures Elite Zealot Spec Ops Grunt Security Spartan

The first image you see is a line up of an elite , a spartan and a grunt. The grunt comes up to the Spartans chin ( actually a little taller than his chin). He should only come up to the bottom of his chest (if the spartan is 7' tall). You can confirm that on the Halo Character Scale Chart
Google search string : Halo Character Scale Chart

I don't expect Mega Bloks /Mattel to try to keep this line to scale as that would take a complete redesign but when you google this search string:
Halo Mega Bloks 2012 Spec Ops Grunt Size Comparison to Old Grunt Figure Mold

you see the grunt v1 and v2 compared. The smaller grunt seems like the better fit no?

^ series 7 was before the figure articulation update, elites are taller than humans now, humans are taller than grunts by what I think is close to accurate. Now Spartans however I think are still about the size of a marine in mega terms, maybe a bit taller, but I think that any taller and they'd be on par with the heights of the new elites.

Yeah the Spartans are definitely the sticking point in all of this .

That's why i'm swapping out under armor bodies on my Spartan figures to make them taller.

Thehumanelement wrote:Yeah the Spartans are definitely the sticking point in all of this .

That's why i'm swapping out under armor bodies on my Spartan figures to make them taller.
Yup Spartans are definitely the main point of this, but as I say making them taller you'd have to be careful not to make them tall enough to be the same height as the new elites - if your going for in-universe accuracy that is. But since Spartan 4's (the type of Spartan we are currently receiving in sets) are volunteers I think of them missing out on the increases height enhancement.

With the current size of the grunts, I agree that there's not much more you could do with them in terms of articulation. For this, the Brutes are ripe for an upgrade.

While the brutes are in desparate need of modified proportions, I think the grunts are perfect and the only change they should make is removing little bits of plastic around the shoulders to increase range.

It would be cool if they made interchangeable air tanks.

i kinda liked the tiny grunts.

Return to “General discussion”