[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Mega Bloks consumer website? i.e. sell directly to fans - Community

Mega Bloks consumer website? i.e. sell directly to fans

Got a question? Ask it here!
I've visited the Mega Bloks shop here:
https://www.megabloks.com/en-us/shop

in the past and thought to myself " When are Mega Bloks sets going to be available for purchase directly from the manufacturer ?"

Will Mattel make Mega Bloks available for purchase through their own online store in the near future as opposed to forcing fans to go through other online retailers ? It would seem that being able to purchase product directly from Mega (Mattel?) would be more efficient than waiting the extra few weeks or months to buy through a secondary retailer ( ex. Walmart , Target, etc. ). Especially if the shipping was reasonable.

I read this question intially hoping you were talking about a Pick-A-Blok option (which is SORELY needed). Alas, MEGA makes the bulk of their money through B2B sales (as does Mattel and other toy manufacturers), so it's unrealistic to expect that sets would be available on MEGAs "shop" site before retailers received them.
If anything, such an option would likely make itself available for overstock of older sets once retailers have rotated their stock onto the newest waves; providing an alternative secondary market so collectors wouldn't have to resort to eBay to fulfill their collections.

...all the chatter aside - pick-a-blok is what the collectors fanbase needs most. We [the collectors] WANT to make epic buildings, vehicles, and other displays that showcase the capabilities of MEGA BLOKS over the competition; but without having the option of buying specific pieces in bulk, we're left washed up and helpless (except for those few collectors who can afford 8+ High Grounds.) in the sea of "other guys" customizations.

Yes, this is something that has long been asked for.

If [competitor] can do it, why not Mega Bloks?

I can only speak for myself when saying that I'd buy quite a bit directly from Mega. Not just sets either, but individual pieces too. There are many pieces I'd like to have a lot of. Large flat baseplates come to mind. But there is so much more I'd get.

I'd even be satisfied with a limited number of sets (limited in number but with the entire range of products available ) being available through their own store so as not to disrupt their current partnerships.

I joined specifically to ask this same question and am glad someone has already asked it.

It would seem that the "Shop" on the Mega Bloks Website would actually be a shop to buy from instead of a middle man that shows you a lot of neat stuff that isn't available [or is stupidly overpriced] on the offered links to various other retailers.

Amazon: Is basically eBay without the auction. Most of the new stuff they offered is just ToyWiz.com is selling for double retail. If you're lucky a random new set is offered directly through Amazon but most sell out within a day.

TRU: Hasn't had anything new in months.

Wal-Mart: Same as TRU only it's been a year.

Target: When's that Target Exclusive Last Man Standing Version 2 with the highly articulated body types coming out anyway?

KMart: Always good for selling you one thing and "substituting" another.

I mean, I'd like to spend money on Mega Bloks stuff but no one's selling it. If the Mega Brands Shop were an actual shop, problem solved.

I would love it if Mega/Mattel would offer boxes of blocks (like the other brands Classic boxes) if they aren't going to offer purchases of single bricks (granted both options would be nice). While doing a display event this past weekend a couple of friends mentioned wanting parts (the plate with studs on both sides and the brick with studs on the side in a 90 degree angle) that the other company doesn't make. While I told them Mega makes those parts I couldn't give them an option to acquire them in the amont they wanted. And besides just parts other companies don't offer there are colors Mega has that I like (the marble and camo bricks) that I can't get enough to build any thing but small ruins with. Collectors and custom builders aside, i'm sure parents would like to get more blocks for their bucks than the other company offers when buying for their kids. Sets of blocks and a buy a block would help enhance all Mega sets and possibly help grow their customer base and market share in the building block race.

I agree with ChewyBricks. One more thing I want to emphasize that is the fully articulated civilians should be compatible with Halo, CoD, Assassin's Creed, Terminator molds, it can make more fun to reuse the older items. I don't mind the heads are come from other older products in order to repaint as different characteristics such as scars. Something likes AC and CoD.

And I wish the online shop can serve for worldwide. It is very difficult to purchase MB products for me.

Hicks_Royel wrote:
> I joined specifically to ask this same question and am glad someone has
> already asked it.
>
> It would seem that the "Shop" on the Mega Bloks Website would
> actually be a shop to buy from instead of a middle man that shows you a lot
> of neat stuff that isn't available [or is stupidly overpriced] on the
> offered links to various other retailers.
>
> Amazon: Is basically eBay without the auction. Most of the new stuff they
> offered is just ToyWiz.com is selling for double retail. If you're lucky a
> random new set is offered directly through Amazon but most sell out within
> a day.
>
> TRU: Hasn't had anything new in months.
>
> Wal-Mart: Same as TRU only it's been a year.
>
> Target: When's that Target Exclusive Last Man Standing Version 2 with the
> highly articulated body types coming out anyway?
>
> KMart: Always good for selling you one thing and "substituting"
> another.
>
> I mean, I'd like to spend money on Mega Bloks stuff but no one's selling
> it. If the Mega Brands Shop were an actual shop, problem solved.

I know, TRU Canada is showing that their latest "Now at Toys R Us" Mega Bloks Cod set is the Hazmat Zombie troop pack, and other than that they don't have any 2015 sets.

Again, Walmart doesn't have any new sets.

I live in Canada so now Target isn't an option, being that they left Canada, and the Target US site has a good selection, but for me to ship it up from the US it would be around an extra $50 USD.

To end it off Amazon Canada has the new sets like the Tranzit Diner, the jet, and the other 2015 summer/fall sets on sale already, but I bought the Combat Vehicle Attack set about a month ago and it still isn't showing that it's even started to be shipped to my house. A lot of the time the Mega Bloks sets Amazon has are also more expensive than Mega Bloks Shop Canada.

It would be great to have the ability to buy Mega Bloks sets directly off of the site at the official price and new sets that TRU Canada and Walmart Canada aren't going to have for sale for many more months.

Hope you can make us able to buy sets off of your site Mega,

MasterSergeantSandman1

Hello --
I am new to this blog, dont really have much of experience with blogs, but I am looking for some help
I have been looking for Combat Vehicle Attack everywhere, I tried target / waltmart / amazon and cant find it,
I marked it as I wanted in the call of duty shop here, but dont know where to find it:
1. Is this a valid question to this blog
2. Anybody knows where I can find it??

I would rreally appreciate any help
Kind Rergards

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”