[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Why are your sets so expensive - Community

Why are your sets so expensive

Got a question? Ask it here!
I've been looking at sets which are really cool then seeing the price and quickly choosing something else
why do all of your sets have to be really expensive like the pelican gunship for £200 on amazon £200 thats the same amount as most signature series sets.

How do you price it is it by the amount of parts? the weight? or do you guess a price and price it like that?
you could change the way you price sets so most of them are affordable.

cheaper sets more buyers more income is how I see it.

I would love to see mega bloks sets much more cheaper so I could buy more to make my collection bigger or I could just use my thousands of [competitor] parts and down load the instructions to make the sets an duse custom figures.

thanks for reading ___

i know the phaeton, 69:99$, scorpion sting, like $39:99 i wish they were more less expensive

The problem is that to pices of the fire base (https://collectors.megabloks.com/en-us/ ... base-cng69) both the left leg of the minor drone and the backward part of Spartan Kelly's armor are repeted twice and its missing the right leg of the drone minor and the frontal part of the armor ( the chest ) , is there a y posibility that you can send them to me by mail it will cool and thats my question. Ir you can send me the parts that are missing.

sapartanM - They have a form you can fill out for defective/missing parts. It's at the bottom of the page under the link "Missing Parts".

bobdaboss11 - All things considered, they have sets for all price ranges. Yes, you have your expensive sets like the Pelican Air Base and the Call of Duty Hovercraft - but those are huge sets. From experience, the Hovercraft is a 2,795 piece set. It retails at $199.99. This is a value of each part being approximately 7 cents. The Pelican Air Base has an MSRP of $179.99 and a part count of 1792 - about ten cents a piece.

Now, let's take the upcoming Bebop pack. It's $15.99 for 114 pieces, about 14 cents a piece if my calculations are correct. Rocksteady's pack has 107 pieces, so about 15 cents a piece. Donatello? 37 pieces at $7.99 - 21 and a half cents per piece.

You mentioned the Pelican Gunship. It's a discontinued set, and MEGA is not selling it - it's a third party seller. So that's not MEGA's control.

If they made the sets cheaper, they'd have to lessen blok count, less figures, and given as it is figures are less and prices are higher, making the sets less expensive would not be fiscally reasonable I would guess.

Mega Bloks expensive? Not when compared to their largest competitor, L*go. A comparable piece count set from L*go is typically 50-75% more expensive. The only appreciably cheaper building block sets are Chinese knock-off brands that often exhibit very poor quality.

I find Mega Bloks sets aren't expensive, compared to L*go. I used to buy L*go as the main toy I bought, until I converted to Mega Bloks, and half of the reason I did was because Mega Bloks are a ton cheaper than the competitors for what you get.

@MasterSergeantSandman1 same here, but i buy both now, L**O for buildings and structures, and halo for vehicles and figures also weapons. also do you guys think i should get call of duty sets or not?

Yes I think you should but I do agree with you guys sets are so expensive!

Elemaster wrote:sapartanM - They have a form you can fill out for defective/missing parts. It's at the bottom of the page under the link "Missing Parts".

bobdaboss11 - All things considered, they have sets for all price ranges. Yes, you have your expensive sets like the Pelican Air Base and the Call of Duty Hovercraft - but those are huge sets. From experience, the Hovercraft is a 2,795 piece set. It retails at $199.99. This is a value of each part being approximately 7 cents. The Pelican Air Base has an MSRP of $179.99 and a part count of 1792 - about ten cents a piece.

Now, let's take the upcoming Bebop pack. It's $15.99 for 114 pieces, about 14 cents a piece if my calculations are correct. Rocksteady's pack has 107 pieces, so about 15 cents a piece. Donatello? 37 pieces at $7.99 - 21 and a half cents per piece.

You mentioned the Pelican Gunship. It's a discontinued set, and MEGA is not selling it - it's a third party seller. So that's not MEGA's control.

If they made the sets cheaper, they'd have to lessen blok count, less figures, and given as it is figures are less and prices are higher, making the sets less expensive would not be fiscally reasonable I would guess.
It was sold on amazon by Mega bloks

They dont replace figure parts, i have an elite laying on a desk with one leg and i have asked

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”