[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Hey Mega, What is up with all the bad washes? - Community

Hey Mega, What is up with all the bad washes?

Builds & Discussions
Girst came Fireteam Osiris, great figures, ptovided you got lucky and found a set that didn't look like they got caught be a roving gang of the guys from Fury Road.

Now, after seeing *** review of Blue team I see if anything the problem is getting even worse. Master Chief and crew with so much paint slathered on they almost look like they got electroplated.

Please , someone at Mega actually go to the production plant and do some QC on these for the sake of your fans. These sets won't sell very well if they are completely unidentifiable as the characters due to all the detail being obscured by so much overuse of the silver paint.

I personally think Mega should offer these sets without that wash period. It just looks very bad and ameaturish to release such poorly painted figures.

I don't own either of those sets but I can see how that would be a problem.

Yeah my vale is basically silver with red, and my tanaka has no wash

Community Team
Hey guys,

We're sorry some of you are disappointed in the figures. We are always open to feedback and appreciate it a lot.

Hey Cary. I just have one suggestion about the two heroes team sets. QC them and send any that have more wash color than the base figure back to be redone. Either than or better lighting for the person doing the wash. I was expecting the Master Chief to be like Spartan Vale, same figure as the Heroes line maybe with a wash, not so much wash you can't even see the 117 on his armor.

Yea, I've noticed this too. I don't even use the Fireteam Osiris set that I bought. The only part I liked about that set was the weapons and Tanaka. If Blue Team is gonna be like that then I'll just buy the set for the weapons, Fred, and Linda. If I were the creator of the silver wash then I'd just fire myself. I personally hate it and wouldn't buy the sets if it weren't for the new figs and weapons.

I got into Mega Brands through the Destiny line. I was really blown away by how detailed those figures are. Then I discovered the Halo Heroes line and HAD to get those because the detail level was as good as or better than the Destiny figures were. I missed the boat on series one unfortunately and am dreading what I will have to pay for Master Chief!

Then I heard about Fireteam Osiris and the new Blue Team sets and thought "Great!, I will be able to get Master Chief and his whole team for less than scalpers are charging for just the Chief!" Then I saw the figures...... I have Spartan Vale in series one. She looks great. Her Osiris figure may as well not have even bothered with the name. and from what I have seen of most of the figures, They either has so much wash as to appear plated or the wash looks like it was slopped on with a mop. This is not the level of detail I expect from Mega Brands figures and I will not buy these sets unless this issue is fixed at retail. I will go to eBay and the plethora of scalpers out there so I can buy the figures individually just so I can actually see detailed pictures of the figures and see if the wash is as minimal as possible to meet my needs. Otherwise I won't purchase them period. I will get the ones like Tanaka who have a decent paint job and skip the rest. I don't want such sloppy looking figures in with my nicely detailed Halo and Destiny figures. Some of these things look like someones 3 year old found their siblings custom paints and wanted to "help".

Arcsylver wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:03 pm
I got into Mega Brands through the Destiny line. I was really blown away by how detailed those figures are. Then I discovered the Halo Heroes line and HAD to get those because the detail level was as good as or better than the Destiny figures were. I missed the boat on series one unfortunately and am dreading what I will have to pay for Master Chief!

Then I heard about Fireteam Osiris and the new Blue Team sets and thought "Great!, I will be able to get Master Chief and his whole team for less than scalpers are charging for just the Chief!" Then I saw the figures...... I have Spartan Vale in series one. She looks great. Her Osiris figure may as well not have even bothered with the name. and from what I have seen of most of the figures, They either has so much wash as to appear plated or the wash looks like it was slopped on with a mop. This is not the level of detail I expect from Mega Brands figures and I will not buy these sets unless this issue is fixed at retail. I will go to eBay and the plethora of scalpers out there so I can buy the figures individually just so I can actually see detailed pictures of the figures and see if the wash is as minimal as possible to meet my needs. Otherwise I won't purchase them period. I will get the ones like Tanaka who have a decent paint job and skip the rest. I don't want such sloppy looking figures in with my nicely detailed Halo and Destiny figures. Some of these things look like someones 3 year old found their siblings custom paints and wanted to "help".
Very funny, cruel, refusing, and all of it's true. I won't buy the piece of *** figs that look like that. I shouldn't have bought Osiris. Fix this problem or I won't buy sets like this.

Arcsylver wrote:

I'm going to remove the washes on blue team.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:02 pm
Arcsylver wrote:

I'm going to remove the washes on blue team.
Like what Spicy did?

Return to “Halo”