[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
I can't find any of the sets advertised anywhere - Community

I can't find any of the sets advertised anywhere

Got a question? Ask it here!
I've asked on the Facebook page several times and I've seemingly been ignored so I'm going to ask here. Whenever I try to use your product finder, it tells me that there are no online retailers or physical retailers that have the product. I've tried using zip codes from around the United States and I get the same result every time. I've tried finding multiple products and I get the same result. What gives?

Same here in Colorado . At least in Longmont, Boulder, Denver area . I’ve tried the Walmart’s, Targets, and even GameStop like they “say” they’re new stuff is sold at but every time I go in looking for what’s new it’s just over produced sets that have been out for like a year and a half . Idk what’s going on with Mega Construx or Mattel but it’s getting pretty old and I’m losing interest in even looking anymore . I’m not paying the scalper prices .

joelion32 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:11 pm
Same here in Colorado . At least in Longmont, Boulder, Denver area . I’ve tried the Walmart’s, Targets, and even GameStop like they “say” they’re new stuff is sold at but every time I go in looking for what’s new it’s just over produced sets that have been out for like a year and a half . Idk what’s going on with Mega Construx or Mattel but it’s getting pretty old and I’m losing interest in even looking anymore . I’m not paying the scalper prices .
This sounds like a strange practice. However I can recommend waiting for the newer sets to become the older ones where the prices will drop in most cases (heroes series and blind bags/exsclusive being the exseption)

Same here in the greater Cincinnati area. All of my local stores won't sell any mega sets larger than $10 and are mostly older sets. If there are any new ones they get sold out immediately. Without TRU I can't get big sets anywhere. I was relying on Amazon for those but any they release for preorder either disappear, say out of stock (if they were ever in stock), or get sold by scalpers for unjust prices. To put it bluntly, I'm losing interest in the brand and find myself buying more and more from competor construction companies. I love this company, and that's why I'm being harsh on it bc I want to see it succeed. But I can't support it if these distributor issues keep up.

Community Team
ebomb113 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:39 am
Same here in the greater Cincinnati area. All of my local stores won't sell any mega sets larger than $10 and are mostly older sets. If there are any new ones they get sold out immediately. Without TRU I can't get big sets anywhere. I was relying on Amazon for those but any they release for preorder either disappear, say out of stock (if they were ever in stock), or get sold by scalpers for unjust prices. To put it bluntly, I'm losing interest in the brand and find myself buying more and more from competor construction companies. I love this company, and that's why I'm being harsh on it bc I want to see it succeed. But I can't support it if these distributor issues keep up.
We've expressed this following point many times in the past and will reference it for your convenience,

"On a yearly basis we have several meetings with retailers across the globe to talk about our core lines. In these meetings, our goal is to get the toy in as many stores in as many locations as possible. However, we also have to consider retailer and consumer demand in these markets. We do understand that there is a lot of interest and love for the brand from you all for these lines. We would recommend going directly to your local retailer and expressing interest in the toys you want to see near you."

In the meantime, products advertised are available through retailer online outlets.

JoeFilms wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:29 am
Well there you go.
*Insert a complaint here anyways*

MCX_Team wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:28 am
ebomb113 wrote:
We've expressed this following point many times in the past and will reference it for your convenience,

"On a yearly basis we have several meetings with retailers across the globe to talk about our core lines. In these meetings, our goal is to get the toy in as many stores in as many locations as possible. However, we also have to consider retailer and consumer demand in these markets. We do understand that there is a lot of interest and love for the brand from you all for these lines. We would recommend going directly to your local retailer and expressing interest in the toys you want to see near you."

In the meantime, products advertised are available through retailer online outlets.
While I understand the point you are making, this sounds like victim/consumer blaming. We do express interest at our local retailers, with our wallets. Also, for individuals like me, the idea of trying to hunt down a department manager at a store like Walmart to try and get them in a discussion to increase shelf space for a line of products they seem to have phased out of rotation, well it just causes lots of social anxiety symptoms.

As to the issue of online retailers, part of the issue is the inconsistency of stock and prices online. I don't think anyone fails to realize that Mega products are sold online. However, without store shelves to see these products on or a lot of communication from Mega brands as to product release dates, we don't know if online sellers are offering items at retail prices, scalping us, or sneaking things "off the back of a truck" to try and beat the official releases. And, the defense of just ordering items from the big name websites fails horribly. After searching "mega construx halo" at Walmart.com, eight of the top ten results were up front about the fact that they weren't even being sold by wally world. Some of the results are from a web-store that notoriously has scalper prices even of merchandise that can be freely found at traditional retailers.

MCX_Team wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:28 am
ebomb113 wrote:

Which online retailers do you recommend?

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”