[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Mega Construx in-house developed themes? - Community

Mega Construx in-house developed themes?

Got a question? Ask it here!
So the "Beyond" line is confirmed which is an "in-house" developed line, but what about some other themes? Town (Blok Squad II?)? Fantasy (Dragons II?)? Secret Agents (Alien Agency II?)? Western? Pirates (Pyrates II?)? I, for one, would get some of those sets if they were done to my satisfaction. Kool. Lemme know if you think this is a good idea, fellow Mega fans.

Dragons and Pyrates were what got me into Mega Bloks in the first place, years and years ago. I'd absolutely love to see those sorts of themes get a revival.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:02 am
Dragons and Pyrates were what got me into Mega Bloks in the first place, years and years ago. I'd absolutely love to see those sorts of themes get a revival.
Yeah Pyrates... I like Pyrates. I started collecting just after Mega stoped making Pyrates. Same with Dragons. Oh no... I'm reminiscing about my early childhood again. Someone help!

I think Beyond will be a good boost for Mega as it should be able to compete with Big L's leading theme of City (which also gets into some modern Space tech that we currently have in reality).
It is also a line that parents who don't want to get sets based on "violent" video games can get for their kids.
Dragons and Pirates would be cool as well but those themes don't seem to sell as well for any company where as a City like line continues to sell well.
Once Mega has built up a good base with Beyond then it can more safely try other themes and not suffer too big a hit if they don't do well.

Look at some of the American Girl newer sets. Yeah I know most of you do not want the figures but the buildings are soooo sweet. Think of the Mocs you can do with some of those sets. Frankly the Paris set alone puts that other city theme to shame imho.

LishaThorne wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:39 pm
Look at some of the American Girl newer sets. Yeah I know most of you do not want the figures but the buildings are soooo sweet. Think of the Mocs you can do with some of those sets. Frankly the Paris set alone puts that other city theme to shame imho.
Yeah some stuff from that line is OK... The figures give me nightmares are there's too much pink for me. Waaaaay too much pink.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”