[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Favorite Set(s)? - Community

Favorite Set(s)?

Builds & Discussions
To help start off this new forum, I was wondering what everyone's favorite Halo Mega Bloks set(s) is(are)? You could talk about one set or multiple sets that range from Halo Mega's early beginnings in 2009 to current day sets! Please list any multiple favorites starting with 1 as the most favored then 2 as the second favored and so on and so forth. Also, please explain what about that set makes it so special to you and why do you like it as much as you do!

I'll start off. My favorite set is the original v1 Pelican they released quite a while back. I really like this set because whenever I played Halo, I always wanted to fly one whenever I saw one. This obsession is probably due to the mission in Halo CE when you were onboard a Pelican flying towards an island (The Silent Cartographer). Ever since then, I fell in love with the Pelican and always loved to see it in action in all of the Halo games. I really loved that Bungie allowed us to fly one in Halo: Reach's campaign and in Halo 4's campaign. When I first saw the Pelican set at Target a couple years ago, I got really excited and bought it with my own money (I was still pretty young, so that consumed a good chunk of my savings). It was one of the first sets that started my Halo Mega Bloks collection. The other set I bought that day was the Arctic Warthog with the Ghost as you couldn't have a Halo collection without the iconic Warthog!

Thanks for reading about my favorite set, and I hope many of you will post your own stories about your favorite set!

Right now it's a tie between:
Call of Duty - APC Invasion
and
HALO Hornet( red Target exclusive)

I lean towards the COD set though because it actually accommodates modern articulation Mega Bloks figures while the red Hornet does not. It is a good looking Hornet though.

My first favorite has to be the UNSC cobra, I mean, who doesn't like a tank that can change into
Lockdown mode, my second favorite is Fireteam Crimson, the new posability is amazing, along with the new armour system

It has to be the Mammoth, Sabre and the Phantom. I was continuously admiring how magnificent these sets are while putting them together, lots of effort from the designing team.

I am a big fan of extra-detailed figures and weapons, so I really liked the fleshed-out drop pod sets that were released a few years ago, not the current simplistic ones.

Those old ones had extra paint detail for the figures, the drop pods, and weapons, which makes them look that much more awesome than standard figures and weapons. I hope we get more stuff like that.

My top eight:

1. UNSC Gungoose
Noble Six. Need I say more?

2. UNSC Mongoose (2014 version)
Emile from Noble Team. New moulds.

3. Elephant Troop Carrier
Carter and Jun.

4. Covenant Drone
Jorge from Noble Team

5. UNSC Wombat Drone
Rookie from Halo 3: ODST

6. Fireteam Crimson

7. ODST Ambush
The only thing holding it back is the fact that the building was only the front.

8. Battlescape
This is my least favourite set I own. In my opinion it is barely functional, even for display pieces.

DjMegaBloks wrote:
> My top eight:
>
> 1. UNSC Gungoose
> Noble Six. Need I say more?
>
> 2. UNSC Mongoose (2014 version)
> Emile from Noble Team. New moulds.
>
> 3. Elephant Troop Carrier
> Carter and Jun.
>
> 4. Covenant Drone
> Jorge from Noble Team
>
> 5. UNSC Wombat Drone
> Rookie from Halo 3: ODST
>
> 6. Fireteam Crimson
>
> 7. ODST Ambush
> The only thing holding it back is the fact that the building was only the
> front.
>
> 8. Battlescape
> This is my least favourite set I own. In my opinion it is barely
> functional, even for display pieces.

Got to disagree with you on the battlescape, I have the arctic one and with a few additions (a couple of MG emplacements with a few bricks as destroyed walls) it works well as a display piece, at the moment I don't have a battle scene going on but I assure you when I create a battle scene on it, it looks good. While its not my favourite it's still good. My favourite that I own is the scarab(even though they changed the figs that were going to be in it, man I want a brute honor guard so badly). But my favourite set is one that I don't think was ever even released - The blue series elite honorguard weapon pack (seriously anyone other than reviewers have one?) I really want 2 of them so badly to act as one of my arbiters personal guard.

10. Drop pods
9. UNSC siege bike
8. UNSC elephant
7. Covenant phantom
6. UNSC pelican
5. Flood siege
4. Covenant Scarab
3. Halo wars sets in general
2. Blind bags
1. Versus: Attack on high ground

Return to “Halo”