[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Where does your screenname come from? - Community

Where does your screenname come from?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I thought this'd be a good thread to learn more about different people on here. Whether it's an old gamertag, etc.

I'll go first. I used to work for a plastic surgery office as a surgical assistant, and I'm a screenwriter. I still do data entry for the office, but not so much in-office work anymore.

Kool. I was in a play for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when I was 10. You can guess the rest.

'Nato' and 'Greavesy' are the two of my nicknames.

I just thought that arbiter was a cool name and the 25 not only had a good ring to it but it was the year of my birth (2005) and I just went with Thearbiter25

Mine is from a character from call of duty: World at war. I had that game on the WII awhile back makes me feel old now that I think of it.

My screen name comes from Greek Mythology, specifically from the Iliad. In English it is often INCORRECTLY transliterated as Ajax. There were two Ajaxes, a "greater" and a "lesser" Ajax. The larger Aias (as it is in the Greek) had Telemon as a father, so he was often called Aias Telemon. The smaller statured Aias had Oileus as a father, so he would sometimes be called Aias Oileus. Collectively they were referred to as the Aeantes. I wanted something Greek related, but didn't want to take one of the more well known heroes, so I chose Aias Oileus.

As a quick linguistics lesson, the letter "j" formed out of "i" thus why in the English alphabet they are next to each other. Other name based examples of this are: Iason to Jason, Iulius to Julius, Iupiter to Jupiter. And if anyone remembers the movie "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade", when Indy is spelling out Jesus' name on the floor, he first incorrectly stepped on a "j" and almost fell through, before remembering that there was no "j" back then. He subsequently stepped on an "i".

Now, how the "s" at the end of Aias became an "x"? I have no clue. If someone can answer that question, I'd love to know.

AiasOileus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:07 pm
My screen name comes from Greek Mythology, specifically from the Iliad. In English it is often INCORRECTLY transliterated as Ajax. There were two Ajaxes, a "greater" and a "lesser" Ajax. The larger Aias (as it is in the Greek) had Telemon as a father, so he was often called Aias Telemon. The smaller statured Aias had Oileus as a father, so he would sometimes be called Aias Oileus. Collectively they were referred to as the Aeantes. I wanted something Greek related, but didn't want to take one of the more well known heroes, so I chose Aias Oileus.

As a quick linguistics lesson, the letter "j" formed out of "i" thus why in the English alphabet they are next to each other. Other name based examples of this are: Iason to Jason, Iulius to Julius, Iupiter to Jupiter. And if anyone remembers the movie "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade", when Indy is spelling out Jesus' name on the floor, he first incorrectly stepped on a "j" and almost fell through, before remembering that there was no "j" back then. He subsequently stepped on an "i".

Now, how the "s" at the end of Aias became an "x"? I have no clue. If someone can answer that question, I'd love to know.
Brain exe is not working right now

Well greens my favourite colour, spartans are awsome and 82 is my favourite number.

Heh, my assigned call tag in Halo or one I came up with. It was so long ago I can't remember.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:12 am
Heh, my assigned call tag in Halo or one I came up with. It was so long ago I can't remember.
What is our profile name mine is KneeHighNinja05 exactly

Return to “General discussion”