[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Toys R Us is closing, so what happens now? - Community

Toys R Us is closing, so what happens now?

Builds & Discussions
As most of you know, Toys R Us is closing. This will somewhat be a problem for Mega Construx, especially the COD line. Since Target doesn't sell anymore COD sets, it's up to Walmart and Amazon to keep the line up and alive. I think Target should start selling COD sets again like they used to, who agrees with me?

I think we just have to accept the toy, and certainly the collector toy, companies have changed.
Toy shops are going to struggle in general except, maybe, selling toys to the very young. They're certainly not going to stock products which don't show a profit.
Online is such a disruptive market place. Global distribution is expensive so you need to limit the places stuff is shipped.
Mega/Mattel should be working with online shops to stock Mega Construx and have it sold at RRP. At the moment it seems to be marketplace sellers on Amazon with inflated prices (either for the product or for shipping).
I wish there was more pre-owned stuff on Ebay at reduced prices. There are some good deals to be had and the hunt can be quite enjoyable.
As fantastic as Mega Construx toys are they have to create a product that sells in numbers enough for shops to want to stock it.

One of My local Wal-Mart has almost no mega just a tiny selection squeezed in with the le g o garbage, its sad I never see any larger stuff :(

We need a mega store that ships anywhere

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:10 am
We need a mega store that ships anywhere
That would be perfect.

Hm. I hope Mega will survive this, that's all I want.

If I had more money's, :( I never have enough money I need a job so I can fuel my addiction to mega construx.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 pm
If I had more money's, :( I never have enough money I need a job so I can fuel my addiction to mega construx.
Mega Construx is heck of a drug. Very addictive, even after buying just one set, but they (the sets) are just so good, so cool, I gots ta' have more!

I don't like thinking about all the money I've spent on Mega Bloks and Mega Construx. One less dealer around to get out fix, it's gonna be tough...

Return to “Call of Duty”