[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Pokemon: Ideas for future development - Community

Pokemon: Ideas for future development

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Hey guys! First post on the forums!

I've been designed video games and board games for a while now and one of my passions has always been building sets. I dip into all the major brands, but I've played Pokemon since I got Pokemon blue when it came out (1998!) Seeing Mega Construx pick up the line and do it justice really has me and my family excited for what the future holds!

Outside of requests for Pokemon (because Ideally I'd like to see them all at some point) I've listed some ideas I had for the line and how it can be expanded and released. I posted this on Reddit and was pretty much met with crickets and some down votes.

Using the new Pokemon sets I want to develop a series of short stories using stop animation that I'll release on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_mrBytIEOI

Finally we are also working on a tactical battle board game (think Final Fantasy Tactics) using Pokemon, that while I cannot do anything official with it, we will be more than happy to release the rule set for when it is done!

Anyway, let me know your thoughts, I'd love to have a discussion!

* Releases focus on a certain Gen (Starting with Gen 1) and have releases from other gens during that annual release window. Each annual release window focuses primarily on a gen with other gens sprinkled in. This is sort of the way it looks to be now with a heavy focus on Gen 1 pokemon.

* Terrain packs. Would love see fleshed terrain packs that come with a Pokemon, maybe 2 but have a comprehensive set of terrain pieces based on common biomes found in the pokemon games.

* Architecture set pieces. Gyms, Pokemon centers, other iconic buildings. Gyms could come with a leader figure and appropriate Pokemon. These would be expensive big set pieces.

* Trainer figures. The pokemon are fairly close to scale, having some scale sized trainer builds would be great. You could have all the iconics and they could come with spare pieces to customize and create your own trainers.

* Evolution combo packs. A great way to revisit Pokemon that have already been released, such as starters since these would include the entire evolutionary line. Could include new combat accessories or different expressions.

* Combat accesory pieces. Sets that just come with a ton of pieces used to represent the many moves Pokemon use. Very cool and useful to set up combat scenes.

Hey new guy on the forums, those sound really cool and I love the idea of a Pokemon trainer/trainers figure/figures too, I would buy the sets then, but less of the love of Pokemon and more for they look like civilians, but all those ideas sound awesome, and the board games and stuff they don't (from what I've seen) do, the last time they tried to do that was when they were making a Halo Mega Bloks video game for the Xbox 360, which they ran out of money to finish development, but a board game is different, but not all is different (from them).

A fun gimmick they could try somehow is release the Unknown all in one big set and market them as a way to help kids learn the alphabet, cheesy, but might sway parents, and it'd give it a unique selling point that sets it apart. It could also be cool to get 1:1 scale buildable item sets, such as a Pokedex, Pokeballs, berries, or potions, similar to the 1:1 scale Jumbo Pikachu that was just released!

I've had the idea for awhile now that perhaps we could get a "signature" series set for a legendary battle. My personal favorite for this would be Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Each could come with a small display terrain (small pond for Kyogre, magma pool for Groudon, and a mountain with clear display stand for Rayquaza). Alternatively, since a large and expensive set like that could be risky, perhaps we could see all 3 released at the same time as their own wave of sets. I'd love to see that as well.

Not gonna take credit for this idea, it was originally stated by a reddit user named Zaguroso, but I really loved this idea and felt it should be shared. Another large set idea: wailord. It could be scaled down for practicality reasons, but having a relatively in scale wailord would be really fun, even if it was released in smaller quantities as a collector oriented set. Perhaps a Wailmer build could be released as well at the same time.

I personally love the idea of holiday sets. Haunter and gengar as a special halloween two pack, perhaps with a duskball, would be awesome. A set with Delibird, stantler, and articuno would be a fun winter holiday build as well. (Again credits to reddit user Zaguroso here, he co-came up with a LOT of that idea. I just added some to it). But small sets like these could be highly marketable around holidays, particularly those that involve giving gifts!

I'll add more ideas here as I think of them. Thanks to the poster who started this! I was preparing to do something similar until this was pointed out to me! Hopefully Mega will like some of these ideas and roll with them

Nakamo wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:56 pm
A fun gimmick they could try somehow is release the Unknown all in one big set and market them as a way to help kids learn the alphabet, cheesy, but might sway parents, and it'd give it a unique selling point that sets it apart. It could also be cool to get 1:1 scale buildable item sets, such as a Pokedex, Pokeballs, berries, or potions, similar to the 1:1 scale Jumbo Pikachu that was just released!
Oh that is a very cool idea for the unknown.

I love the idea of more scale stuff for the Jumbo Pikachu as well, I would love to see more pokeballs and other items that fit the scale for the playsets as well.

Shadow_king wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:08 pm
I've had the idea for awhile now that perhaps we could get a "signature" series set for a legendary battle. My personal favorite for this would be Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Each could come with a small display terrain (small pond for Kyogre, magma pool for Groudon, and a mountain with clear display stand for Rayquaza). Alternatively, since a large and expensive set like that could be risky, perhaps we could see all 3 released at the same time as their own wave of sets. I'd love to see that as well.

Not gonna take credit for this idea, it was originally stated by a reddit user named Zaguroso, but I really loved this idea and felt it should be shared. Another large set idea: wailord. It could be scaled down for practicality reasons, but having a relatively in scale wailord would be really fun, even if it was released in smaller quantities as a collector oriented set. Perhaps a Wailmer build could be released as well at the same time.

I personally love the idea of holiday sets. Haunter and gengar as a special halloween two pack, perhaps with a duskball, would be awesome. A set with Delibird, stantler, and articuno would be a fun winter holiday build as well. (Again credits to reddit user Zaguroso here, he co-came up with a LOT of that idea. I just added some to it). But small sets like these could be highly marketable around holidays, particularly those that involve giving gifts!

I'll add more ideas here as I think of them. Thanks to the poster who started this! I was preparing to do something similar until this was pointed out to me! Hopefully Mega will like some of these ideas and roll with them
Yeah they don't seem to follow the scale as presented in the Pokedex, but to be fair neither do the games either (like how Wailord if done in the Pokemon games currently)

But I really do appreciate them sticking close to the scale size they have set now. Very few of the Pokemon toy lines do this so seeing all the pokemon lined up scaled to size is very cool and something I think us adult fans really get a kick out of!

The holiday sets are a great idea! Very cool idea!

StormbringerGT wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:38 pm
Shadow_king wrote:

Yeah they don't seem to follow the scale as presented in the Pokedex, but to be fair neither do the games either (like how Wailord if done in the Pokemon games currently)

But I really do appreciate them sticking close to the scale size they have set now. Very few of the Pokemon toy lines do this so seeing all the pokemon lined up scaled to size is very cool and something I think us adult fans really get a kick out of!

I 100% agree! the scale mega has chosen is about as accurate as I could ask for given how much attention to detail and articulation they've managed to work into the pokemon. The Lapras set is absolutely phenomenal. The scaling I think is a huge part of what's made this so fun for me. This is honestly my favorite line they've ever done, its the line that got me back into building and brought me to Mega instead of other brands after years of not buying a building toy at all. I've had dreams of a fully articulated Groudon (as well as just about every other pokemon) figure since I was a kid. This line is making that dream come true. I just hope they can keep it going!

Glad you like the Holiday set idea too btw. I really think there's a crazy amount of marketability to be had there. Heck they could even do an advent calendar that gives you cool accessories for your pokemon (or buildable trainer figure if that happens), and perhaps a couple of the advent days could contain winter oriented variations of pokemon, such as Alolan Sandshrew or a Spheal. Just simple smaller pokemon would be a fantastic selling point

Shadow_king wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 pm
StormbringerGT wrote:
Shadow_king wrote:

I 100% agree! the scale mega has chosen is about as accurate as I could ask for given how much attention to detail and articulation they've managed to work into the pokemon. The Lapras set is absolutely phenomenal. The scaling I think is a huge part of what's made this so fun for me. This is honestly my favorite line they've ever done, its the line that got me back into building and brought me to Mega instead of other brands after years of not buying a building toy at all. I've had dreams of a fully articulated Groudon (as well as just about every other pokemon) figure since I was a kid. This line is making that dream come true. I just hope they can keep it going!

Glad you like the Holiday set idea too btw. I really think there's a crazy amount of marketability to be had there. Heck they could even do an advent calendar that gives you cool accessories for your pokemon (or buildable trainer figure if that happens), and perhaps a couple of the advent days could contain winter oriented variations of pokemon, such as Alolan Sandshrew or a Spheal. Just simple smaller pokemon would be a fantastic selling point
Someone give this man a job at Mega Construx! Please! :D

StormbringerGT wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:47 am
Shadow_king wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 pm
StormbringerGT wrote:

Someone give this man a job at Mega Construx! Please! :D
Aw man thanks! That would be a dream come true! I'd drop everything if they offered me a job with them!

Hey don't mean to rain on your parade but external links are not aloud.

Return to “General discussion”