[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Walking Dead Mega Construx Next line??? - Community

Walking Dead Mega Construx Next line???

Got a question? Ask it here!
Recently Mega Construx introduced the Game Of Thrones line, a line that originally belonged to the mcfarlane Construction sets. The Same McFarlane series also made the Walking Dead. My question is why isn't the walking dead line going to be a thing? Especially when McFarlane already canceled the line, just like how they did for game of thrones and now it's owned by mega construx. This would be their chance to fix up the call of duty Zombie figures and make them articulated.

I wouln't be interested in a devoted TWD line in Mega.

The amount of Undead from CoD and presently from GoT is just the right amount to sate my appetite for the theme.

I think the decision not to do a Walking dead line would be to the not so great sales of the Zombies sets. Bo2, transite was not the best maps. No named zombies characters didn't help though.

It would have been nice if we got some of the characters we play as in Zombies. They’re could have done some interesting characters there. But I can see why they didn’t.

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:57 am
It would have been nice if we got some of the characters we play as in Zombies. They’re could have done some interesting characters there. But I can see why they didn’t.
I can but can't. They already don't even display the CoD series world on there official website. So... where's my Tank Dempsey and Ricktofen figures already.

I'm fine with the CoD zombie stuff. Which I loved. I'd like to see more of it, but it seems to have run its course. I do wish the Mega zombies had been more poseable and used the new style articulation. Especially since the limbs can be disassembled, which seems like a great play-pattern and customization capability for zombies.

One thing to consider is maybe the cost of acquiring the Walking Dead license just isn't worth it. It may be a property which doesn't translate to toys very well. Then again, I think most Game of Thrones design work is rather drab for toys, but Mega is taking a chance on that property.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:28 am
I think the decision not to do a Walking dead line would be to the not so great sales of the Zombies sets. Bo2, transite was not the best maps. No named zombies characters didn't help though.
Very True, Call of duty zombies did not sell so well, probably because they were very unarticulated. I bet you if they made them articulated it would sell much better, or if they did dinosaurs.

Ashtalon wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:15 pm
I'm fine with the CoD zombie stuff. Which I loved. I'd like to see more of it, but it seems to have run its course. I do wish the Mega zombies had been more poseable and used the new style articulation. Especially since the limbs can be disassembled, which seems like a great play-pattern and customization capability for zombies.

One thing to consider is maybe the cost of acquiring the Walking Dead license just isn't worth it. It may be a property which doesn't translate to toys very well. Then again, I think most Game of Thrones design work is rather drab for toys, but Mega is taking a chance on that property.
Or you what they could do, why not they just make their own line, call if zombies and that's it. I'd still be happy cuz at least they could fix up the zombies. It would hella cheaper if they can't afford a line.

Personally a huge turn off from the zombies sets. Was the lack of non zombie characters. Ala no player characters. Like transit crew for there transit sets / MotD characters.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:43 am
Personally a huge turn off from the zombies sets was the lack of non zombie characters, AKA no player characters. Like the transit crew for their transit sets / MotD characters.
Fixed it for you.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”