[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Sets not in stores? - Community

Sets not in stores?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
So in the past couple of days, I dug out my old part bin filled with hundreds of bricks. The bin contained both Mega Bloks and [competitor] parts, so I organized them into their own individual part bin. Since I got hit with so much nostalgia, I went to go buy some Mega Bloks Halo sets. I tried 2 different Targets, and then a Walmart, and had no success. I went to amazon and was pleasantly surprised when I saw they still sold there. I ordered the new Hornet set, the new Warthog set with Master Chief and the Arbiter, and a small Destiny set. They all arrived a day later.

Now everything is all dandy and fine, but whats up with stores not carrying them? I am in the United States. Do I just have bad luck? Or has Mattel pulled their lines from stores? I just wanna know whats up since I've got back into the building hobby.

Cheers,
- Nessent

For a returning collector. A lot has changed with MCX distribution. Toys R Us closed which was a huge hit for Mattel in general. Along with that Target and Walmart have been carrying smaller and smaller quantiles of MCX(formerly bloks) for years. It has simply reached its apex. Check the Ask mega Construx forum for better info on this. There has been a running discussion among the comunity throughout multiple threads.

... At least you have them online...

I found some stuff at one target

Basically the only place you can find them is the US Amazon. I live outside the States and I can literally get nothing unless I pay ridiculous amounts of shipping.

Sad news in Albuquerque N.M. just learned from a friend in the retail business that all the local Wal-Mart's have cut all sales of Mega Construx effective immediately there will be no sales of Mega Construx anywhere in my city and it looks like Target is following suit now it looks like the only way to get anything is through Amazon or eBay at inflated prices or if I'm lucky at wholesale stores this just sucks

So you've heard that all of megas main in store shelf space is going to be gone. Which is the litteral worst case scenario for a toy company. This dosen't look good for mega.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:16 pm
So you've heard that all of megas main in store shelf space is going to be gone. Which is the litteral worst case scenario for a toy company. This dosen't look good for mega.
It was a fun ride guys.

My new local Target has the Kisano Cyclops, and Pokemon.

Those dreaded Pokemon...

Return to “General discussion”