[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Historical "Heroes" -Could this be a possibility for MCX? - Community

Historical "Heroes" -Could this be a possibility for MCX?

Got a question? Ask it here!
Well, on the unofficial discord server, me and another user (dilpickle) were discussing the possibility of doing a heroes series for historical men and women.
Considering history cannot be copyrighted, this is a way for Mega to make a(n) (educational?) heroes line without having to bring out the big bucks to pay the royalties and rights to the line.

Some of the possible historical people we could get:
in historical order...
Julius Caesar
Cleopatra
Ghenghis Kahn
Jeanne d'Arc
Leonardo DaVinci
Michelangelo
Napoleon
Abraham Lincoln
Otto von Bismarck
Winston Churchill

Each figure could come with a couple of sentences to quickly resume their historical achievements or what they are remembered for.

I just want to know what the MCX team thinks of this idea.

Mr Adolph Smitler

(jk don't shoot)

seriously this would be cool.

Leon Trotsky?

Kaiser Wilhelm II? Sounds cool.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:50 pm
Mr Adolph Smitler

(jk don't shoot)

seriously this would be cool.

Leon Trotsky?

Kaiser Wilhelm II? Sounds cool.
Well, I mean, within the realm of not risking being called a racist, sexist, homophobe or being affiliated with a political regime.

Well yeahhhh true that.

Think of the children.

I mean heck Caesar and Napoleon are pretty bad themselves tho.

Tbh this might be difficult to do.

Additional idea: Greek gods such as Poseidon, Hades, Zeus, Hermes, Aphrodite, and others. They could be done in black and white like marble statues, almost like the Eastman and Laird Turtles, and maybe only their accessories could be in color like a yellow lightning bolt or golden trident. Could be released as a set with each one containing a small amount of parts, and if you get all of them you can build a mini mount Olympus?

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:53 pm
Well yeahhhh true that.

Think of the children.

I mean heck Caesar and Napoleon are pretty bad themselves tho.

Tbh this might be difficult to do.
Let me rephrase that:
Figures that don't cause too much controversy.
Even Winston Churchill is pushing it.
That's why I didn't put Margaret Thatcher, and even Charles De Gaulle who isn't even that popular in France anymore, it's rather the opposite these days, people got tired of him in the 60s. To us he's a war hero, but not a very good politician.

Yeah history is indeed a touchy subject.

I like this idea but you all left out the one I like most...
I invite you to check the "Daughters of Athena" topic.

Well, these do not need to be "officially named" characters. Give us generic figures dressed accordingly to an identifiable historic period and if need be, just mention in the card something akin to "in ancient egypt noblewomen used this sort of attire" instead of naming it Cleopatra.

Well, I do like the idea of the line. I'm sure mega would be willing to push the bill a little. They still make Call of Duty sets even if it's no longer primarily featured on the site. They are also now representing both sides with the Germans from WW2. History can't be changed. Although it can be represented tastefully to younger audiences. What they have done with the the Axis German forces I'd say is well done.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”