[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Figures in Fireteam/Troop Builder sets - Community

Figures in Fireteam/Troop Builder sets

Got a question? Ask it here!
Why did Mega change the amount of figures in Fireteam and Troop Builder sets from 5 to 4? Is it because the "Background Pieces" are larger in the new sets?

My guess is that the change is to keep the price the same instead of raising it. Granted I think most people would still find these sets to be a great value even if the price did go up some. Another change that could have been made though would have been to make the background pieces smaller and include the 5th figure.

I would actually prefer nearly no background pieces than the loss of a figure. Keeping the Flag of the fire team/squad would be fine with me, so long as we got the 5th fig.

If i'm not mistaken they do haveto include some little buildable thing for the to qualify as a building block set and not just a pack of action figures because of how the property is licensed.

I'd agree that the idea was cost reduction but not due to the background pieces getting larger. Aren't the Fireteam Eagle and Rhino pieces essentially the same?

omegabob wrote:
> If i'm not mistaken they do haveto include some little buildable thing for
> the to qualify as a building block set and not just a pack of action
> figures because of how the property is licensed.

[competitor] can't release a star wars Battlepack unless it has something buildable because [competitor] would use a Battlepack full of figures with nothing to build in a legal battle over the rights of their action figures - so its possible this is the same deal with mcfarlane. I mean ok there's the single figure packs but no pack of figures without something buildable whether it's a stand or a piece of scenery.

Just realized that they're retro-cutting old sets as well. The rerelease of the Covert-Ops team is missing my favorite figure from the set now.

Kinda lame.

They did the same thing with the Assassin's Creed sets. Overall though, better to have reduced Fireteam sets than none at all. Even at the reduced number of figures in the sets they are still the best troop building option currently available.

Technically for halo they added an extra figure in the first place so basically they've brought the halo fig packs down to the original size (albeit with a background piece instead of a display stand).

But I don't get the deal with the zombies packs - they had 6 figures and if mega is taking 1 figure away from the regular ones surely it's -1 for zombies but no instead it's -2 figs from the zombies (they have less articulation! Some like the nuketown zombies don't even have the new arm articulation!).

And I am a bit mad that sets which are basically the same as before albeit with a colour change have had a figure removed, I've been put off victor squad completely cause I'd need 5 to get squads which would fit in to my 5 man teams with out any left overs.

If i'm not mistaken they do haveto include some little buildable thing for the to qualify as a building block set and not just a pack of action figures because of how the property is licensed.
Maybe that is the reason the figs in blind packs come in pieces thus buildable.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”